Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone got a good supplier of Dizzy caps and Rotor arms cheap...Lexus dealer is shut until Tuesday for a price and an internet search shows up mostly US parts,local parts supply is quoting me a silly £54.51 per cap and no rotor arm available. I've suffered the same fate as others,red hot exhausts and missing like crazy, followed my first instincts prior to a search and pulled a cap to find medium wear but a rotor that looks like its been in a fire for 30 secs then stamped on. Looks like the last owner could only get caps as well, ;)

Anyone got a good supplier of Dizzy caps and Rotor arms cheap...Lexus dealer is shut until Tuesday for a price and an internet search shows up mostly US parts,local parts supply is quoting me a silly £54.51 per cap and no rotor arm available. I've suffered the same fate as others,red hot exhausts and missing like crazy, followed my first instincts prior to a search and pulled a cap to find medium wear but a rotor that looks like its been in a fire for 30 secs then stamped on. Looks like the last owner could only get caps as well, wink.gif

My red hot cats and no- power incident was caused by a HT coil going bad- the one on the Battery side, by the exhaust, where it gets cooked over 17 years. Are you getting a good spark to the distributor ok?

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, the phone rang and I had to go out. I've not checked the coil out put as the rotor arm is so fried its going to need to be changed no matter what,I'm planning to change the plugs same time so will check they spark well as it all gets fitted back together.

Hallo mate,

I have always used www.buypartsby.com.

All the years i had rover 800's, they never failed to come up with the required bits i needed, and they were cheap and quick.

Regards,

Phil.

Thanks Phil, I'll give them a go.

Gareth

Definitely going in my Favorites, nice easy to use site (one of the to get my Jap import right from the REG alone), both caps and both rotors for an all in including VAT and delivery for £32.50...Thats £22.01 cheaper than I've been quoted for one cap on its own!

Again, Thank You Phil

Gareth

If you search the forum and find my post on ls400 servicing and parts costs etc. That will tell you how much things are and where I've bought them from. There is also other posts from other members where they got their parts.

Cheers lads, I'll have a search now...I was in a bit of a panic really, car cost next to :tsktsk: all so don't want to spend megabucks as I'm putting aside money for a MKIII/MKIV next year. I've fallen for the idea of a LS as a daily driver,I can't praise the car high enough to anyone who'll listen :winky:

My red hot cats and no- power incident was caused by a HT coil going bad- the one on the battery side, by the exhaust, where it gets cooked over 17 years. Are you getting a good spark to the distributor ok?

Getting back to this,I've given the coil a good test....it's dead :( New one on order only cost @£20 so again not the end of the world, just for interest I thopught I'd post a pic of the state of the rotor arm.

IMG_0054.jpg

Should be imterestig to see how it runs afterwards as it was pretty quick before.

Buypartsby is the internet division of Sutton Auto Factors near Nottingham but I wonder if the shop prices are the same as I only live 6 miles away.

I wasnt aware that the LS400 had Dissi caps and Rota arms. I thought mine had electronic ignition. I note that sd1v8drivers car is a jap import. Are they different to the UK cars? Mine has a slight miss fire at tickover and 1800 rpm. If mine has dissis and Rota arms ill change them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links