Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water Spay Kit For Is200

GXE10

The main function of this vapor jet is: a thin mist of water vapour passes into the inlet manifold, via the fuel regulator. This produces a more efficient burn in the cylinders, resulting in the ECU increasing fuelling, giving more power. Secondly it can reduce the chances of detonation by spraying cool water into the cylinders - ideal for Fuel Injection and Carburettor vehicles. As for Turbocharged vehicles, they would need to use a one-way valve to connect to the air intake of the inlet manifold.

I MADE ONE MYSELF I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE LOTS OF $$$$$ FOR THAT SO I TOOK A PIPE FROM THE WASHERS AND DRILLED A HOLE IN THE FILTER SO ALL I HAVE TO DO IS PRESS THE BUTTON FOR IT TO WORK.

I USE IT ON HILLS AND IT WORKS GREAT!

How does that work again Bob? :huh:

I MADE ONE MYSELF I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE LOTS OF $$$$$ FOR THAT SO I TOOK A PIPE FROM THE  WASHERS AND DRILLED A HOLE IN THE FILTER SO ALL I HAVE TO DO IS PRESS THE BUTTON FOR IT TO WORK.

I USE IT ON HILLS AND IT WORKS GREAT!

How does that work again Bob? :huh:

WELL MR ZEE007 IT WORKS BY ADDING A LITTLE PIPE FROM THE THE WINDSCREEN WASHT TUBE TO THE AIRFLITER AND THEN ME PRESSING THE WASHER BUTTON AND IT SPRAYS WATER IN TO THE FLITER :D :D SAVED MY SELF LOTS OF $$$$$$ :D B)

:lol:

Water injection is a fine art in a half decent car. For example, in cosworths, evos, scoobys, exact boost pressures are calculated and exact quantities of water are used for exact periods of time at exact intervals, so it has maximum effect (cooling, basically).

Spraying soapy ( :withstupid: ) water down your air filter isn't quite an exact science !?! If you leave it on for too long you'll flood the engine (not with fuel....with water !).

I'm sorry.....I'm gonna wait for zee to shoot this one down! :zee:

hang on hang on hang on......this has got to be a wind up. damn it, i've fell for it again !!!! :oops:

HEY DUDE WHO SAYS YOU CAN CALL ME STUPID! WHO SAID IT WAS SOAPY WATER AND WHO SAID IT IS LARGE AMOUNTS OF WATER- TUBE IS 0.012 SO ONLY A FINE SPRAY- IT WORKS FOR ME SO IM HAPPY :D

Bob - no one was calli ng you stupid pal, we have just never heard of this technique before. It sounds........interesting. If it works for you, then thats the main thing matey.

And post some piccies of you car up mate - it would be good to see all these unique modifications....

Zee. :)

no no.....dont get me wrong matey, the :withstupid: icon was not meant at calling you stupid.

You said you got a pipe from the washer bottle (soapy water !?) and fed it into the air filter.

At first glance (which is what we've had) it seems a very "basic" way of doing it. Though the principle does indeed hold true.

Regarding the amounts of water - the only thing controlling it is how long you hold your finger on the wash-wipe button. (incidentally, whenever you use your water injection, do your windscreen wipers go off, or have you wired in a different button?).

Anyhow - the point I was trying (badly!!!) to make was that water injection systems cost alot of money because they have to be accurately set up. This accurate set up is crucial to the effectiveness.

I do have some questions though (not trying to be antagonistic......genuinely curious as it seems to work well you say)....

-how do you guarantee even spreading of the water across a 6 cylinder engine? (u have a IS300,right?). Normally, inlets are drilled near each injector so the spread is even.

-when do you use it?at high revs, low revs, high torque requirement etc. Normally, this is all pre-determined by combining with an ECU or boost controller of some sort so it can all be automatic

-how long do you use it for? this, like when you use it, is normally controlled by ecu/controllers etc.

-what water do you use? normally distilled water is used

-how do you pass the MOT (or version of it in states?) if you have no washer bottle, or have you fitted a seperate one?

-have you fitted a different button, or each time you use it to you just accept your windscreen wipers will activate for a little bit?

Genuinely interested to hear how you overcame these problems. Pictures would also be VERY welcome.

Please do explain more about how it's been done - very intrigued.

Thanks

Tony

(PS: sorry if I caused offense in my first post, was not intended!!!!)

HEY DUDE WHO SAYS YOU CAN CALL ME STUPID! WHO SAID IT WAS SOAPY WATER AND WHO SAID IT IS LARGE AMOUNTS OF WATER- TUBE IS 0.012 SO ONLY A FINE SPRAY- IT WORKS FOR ME SO IM HAPPY :D

No need to SHOUT bob :winky:

Try turning CAPS LOCK off...

Cheers dude.

how do you guarantee even spreading of the water across a 6 cylinder engine? (u have a IS300,right?). Normally, inlets are drilled near each injector so the spread is even.

Are you sure ? I thought they mostly used a single atomising jet ...

Suggest a visit here ... http://www.aquamist.co.uk

Yup - my mistake. You are indeed right. :oops:

I've not had much experience with water injection, only what I know from my days with the RSOC...it's just that a few guys had done it that way and LED me to beleive it was the norm!

-------

Anyhow.......WESTVIRGINIABOB.....CURIOUS TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS TO THE ABOVE - PLEASE REPLY!!!!!

(he only sees in capitals ;))

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links