Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nz Assistance Required!

Righto- I've searched the galaxy(or at least all of the Auckland performance shops) to locate EITHER a replacement free-flow air filter for the factory airbox OR a replacement"bolt on" induction kit,and NOBODY HAS THEM!!!

I've even been speaking to the importer for KNN to see if they can source one but they say even they have nothing listed.

Firstly,do those members that DO have aftermarket induction kits notice a difference in driveability/performance/lovely growling noises? This will direct me as to wether I should pursue this further.

Secondly,can anyone provide me with pricing on a cost (in whichever currency)for me to purchase one from overseas and ship it.

The only option I have been offered is to have one "custom"fabricated to fit my car(remembering it is a 6cyl)-but I'm a bit dubious on this as there is not a great deal of technical knowledge on these cars in NZ yet,and for all I know I could end up paying the money and LOSING horsepower!

Would appreciate your thoughts...

Regards,

Gav

Gav, there are no official Induction kits out there for Lexus 6-pots (like HKS, Blitz, K&N etc.), however, a number are being developed as we speak. I'm unsure if they will fit yours (I don't know how different your engine layout is to ours), but it's worth waiting a few weeks and seeing what is available...

Hope this helps pal,

Zee :)

There will be an anouncement for a Group Buy on an affordable new induction kit currently being tested for an Normally Aspirated 1G-FE IS200/AS200 soon.. ;)

It will be available from the UK, but I can't say any more, so don't ask me. :ph34r:

wicked guys-will try to stay posted as to when they (if) become available.... thanks for the input so far,super keen on one once someone develops it....(sigh) :crybaby:

A custom fabricated will cost me around 400 NZ dollars,or 130 pounds? The only thing is,I'll have to remove all the plastic airbox,and the bend feeding the throttle body will be fairly narrow and bent at 90 degrees to fit under the bonnet-I wonder as to whether that would restrict airflow,therefore power.

Out with the thinking cap Gav! B)

wicked guys-will try to stay posted as to when they (if) become available.... thanks for the input so far,super keen on one once someone develops it....(sigh) :crybaby:

A custom fabricated will cost me around 400 NZ dollars,or 130 pounds? The only thing is,I'll have to remove all the plastic airbox,and the bend feeding the throttle body will be fairly narrow and bent at 90 degrees to fit under the bonnet-I wonder as to whether that would restrict airflow,therefore power.

Out with the thinking cap Gav! B)

Ok - couple of points.

Firstly, 130 quid is a very good price. I doubt that you'll get one cheaper.

Secondly, the 90 degree angle will be about the norm, as there is no other way to fabricate one to fit under the bonnet (as you rightly state).

Thirdly, consider what materials are being used as the less heat that is penetrated the better.

Forthly, no matter who/what/where you get this induction, the plastic covers will have to be removed - maybe consider a custom cover thereafter?

Have a think - and we will keep you posted this end.

Cheers

Zee

Please excuse my ignorance..

But my understanding of this topic is as follows:

The air filter is towards the back of the engine.. which means the air is hot.

An induction kit takes the flow of air from behind the grill and forces into the air box.

now for a :iraqi-info-minister: question... why does cold air give better performance??

wildrnes Posted on Jun 11 2003, 11:51 AM

less dense more o2 in it more o2 bigger bang

personally i dont think that alone will help your cause to gain much,

far better if you can house the filter with a direct cold air feed plus,

the 'IS' suffers terribly from heat retention in the bay so you'll have

to get rid of it somehow I.E vents/scoops to take away the heat thus

cooling the engine then you'll get better performance :winky:

Right.. asked Mrs Mop....

The colder the air, the less dense it is: which means more O2 molecules per cubic cm. (the higher the density, the less particles can fit in one space).

Therefore... more O2 to ignite.

wildrnes Posted on Jun 11 2003, 11:51 AM
less dense more o2 in it more o2 bigger bang

personally i dont think that alone will help your cause to gain much,

far better if you can house the filter with a direct cold air feed plus,

the 'IS' suffers terribly from heat retention in the bay so you'll have

to get rid of it somehow I.E vents/scoops to take away the heat thus

cooling the engine then you'll get better performance :winky:

yes it will if it didnt then folks wouldnt make em

zee had his dyno'd and there was an improvement

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links