Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Is Due For My Lex

Renewal has just popped through the letterbox for my IS200 Privilege ( last years best quote ) is now

one of the dearest £363.45p , fully comp for me & my wife , bonus protected, windscreen cover , legal cover , courtesy car

just got an online quote from Hastings essential for £207.92p for exactly the same deal as Privilege were asking

just goes to show you that it pays well to shop around !

Wow that's really cheap insurance, wonder how long it'll be before my premiums look like that............just renewed for £550

Agree though, my renewal first popped through at £680 from Admiral, put it in confused.com and the quote of £550 came up also with Admiral :lol:

Wow that's really cheap insurance, wonder how long it'll be before my premiums look like that............just renewed for £550

Agree though, my renewal first popped through at £680 from Admiral, put it in confused.com and the quote of £550 came up also with Admiral :lol:

i pay just over £200 fully comp....i'm 30

I'm 27 with 5 years no claims.......I'm guessing it's something to do with where we live as mine isn't even supercharged :crybaby:

I'm 27 with 5 years no claims.......I'm guessing it's something to do with where we live as mine isn't even supercharged :crybaby:

dont feel bad if i take the wife off mine it jumps up to nearly £1000!!!!!!! i'll just leave her on then!!!!

dont feel bad if i take the wife off mine it jumps up to nearly £1000!!!!!!! i'll just leave her on then!!!!

That's amazing that it makes that much of a difference! Shows how insurance companies really are taking the pi**!

I got my Flux renewal of £900 compared to last years £1000 price, put in a quote as a new customer and got £1100, money supermarket and compare the market came up at £1400 and £1800, shopped around the old fashioned way by goin to each company individually and got a quote of £622, and Flux undercut at £600 on the dot, it'll do I suppose

haha mine is £2500 with cooperative and thats 2nd driver with my dads fully comp as i have recently passed my test in september i am 20 years old on my own its over 4-5K :o

haha mine is £2500 with cooperative and thats 2nd driver with my dads fully comp as i have recently passed my test in september i am 20 years old on my own its over 4-5K :o

Whoa it's really gone up then, when we first got this car I was a second driver (as I was 19) and it was only £1300 :blink:

im 26 with 7 years no claims and im still paying £912 fully comp and that is the cheapest found online, next one nearest to that was £1250 by flux wchich is suprising because i only used to pay £290 fully compy for my mk4 golf gti turbo.

I sometimes wonder about whether there is scientific basis for car insurance premiums at all with such wide variations. Could it be that those people you speak to have a lot of leeway on price and providing that they get the right average premium over all their customers in each category, they don't mind giving a low cost deal to get the business. In other words, it is just like selling anything else.

I sometimes wonder about whether there is scientific basis for car insurance premiums at all with such wide variations. Could it be that those people you speak to have a lot of leeway on price and providing that they get the right average premium over all their customers in each category, they don't mind giving a low cost deal to get the business. In other words, it is just like selling anything else.

I used to work as an actuary, and still know people who work in insurance and at a higher level it is worked out quite accurately. The actuaries calculate the risks involved and how much money the insurance company needs to make sure they're covered. Obviously beyond that they are just selling a product so once it gets to sales they will be applying a certain markup, and when young drivers and such are concerned they probably apply a higher markup not purely because they're a higher risk, but also because their options are limited.

I used to work as an actuary, and still know people who work in insurance and at a higher level it is worked out quite accurately. The actuaries calculate the risks involved and how much money the insurance company needs to make sure they're covered. Obviously beyond that they are just selling a product so once it gets to sales they will be applying a certain markup, and when young drivers and such are concerned they probably apply a higher markup not purely because they're a higher risk, but also because their options are limited.

I imagine renewals are just plucked out of the air in the region of the previous annual premium in the hope that people can't be bothered shopping around tho, altho I was told when I first rang with my renewal that they were struggling to match my best quote, and that i'd get a call back, (which I never got lol) when I called back they managed a better price straight away, this 'certain mark up' is anything they feel like trying to get out of a customer tho

Guys may I ask, how much does the premium rise if you add a spoiler or full body kit? In other words, does it a make a big difference (if you are using) OEM kit?

Thanks

Ahmed

That all depends on who your insured with as some won't add anything and some will it all down to the individual company

im 31 with 6 years no claims and cheapest i got was 745! what a joke. flux wanted a grand!! privilige wanted 1500 eventhough i insured my volvo t4 with them for 395 quid. work that one out!

Thats crazy, im insured with Flux

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links