Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Owners Living In/travelling To London

Hey, just a quick Q. I have the an 06 IS 220d sport with the ML entertainment pack (which also includes the inbuilt sat nav).I have not updated the sat nav discs, so am assuming its the 2005-2006 version discs.

I will be travelling to London quite often for a few months and just wanted to confirm whether the sat nav recognises the London Congestion Zone and will automatically re-route another route for me to drive to my destination. I don't want to sit in traffic for 45mins, only to realise then that it is taking me into the congestion zone! I could preview the route before i leave and check it against a map, but then that would defeat the point of a sat nav!

And also, if it is an option you could change, would it be under the "avoid tolls" when choosing a destination? Another words, is the congestion charge considered a toll and/or recognised by the sat nav? I cant even compare it to google maps, as they have no option to avoid congestion charge! quite annoying.

Any advice/help would be appreciated. Cheers, Ronesh

Hey, just a quick Q. I have the an 06 IS 220d sport with the ML entertainment pack (which also includes the inbuilt sat nav).I have not updated the sat nav discs, so am assuming its the 2005-2006 version discs.

I will be travelling to London quite often for a few months and just wanted to confirm whether the sat nav recognises the London Congestion Zone and will automatically re-route another route for me to drive to my destination. I don't want to sit in traffic for 45mins, only to realise then that it is taking me into the congestion zone! I could preview the route before i leave and check it against a map, but then that would defeat the point of a sat nav!

And also, if it is an option you could change, would it be under the "avoid tolls" when choosing a destination? Another words, is the congestion charge considered a toll and/or recognised by the sat nav? I cant even compare it to google maps, as they have no option to avoid congestion charge! quite annoying.

Any advice/help would be appreciated. Cheers, Ronesh

It does recognize the congestion zone. But if you've got the 05-06 version discs, the extended congestion zone will not be on it. As far as I remember, once you set avoid toll roads the system shouldnt take you through any tolls roads that it recognizes. However, like I said if you havent got the extended congestion zone updated on your nav, then it might still take you through it.

Yam..it should recognize congestion charge zones but your sat-nav data is out-of-date so I would rather suggest upgradng Lexus Sat-nav DVD (Woodford Lexus has quoted me £125 for latest Sat-nav DVD set) or opt-out for a standalone unit (TomTom, Garmin etc.)

Hope this helps.

Yam..it should recognize congestion charge zones but your sat-nav data is out-of-date so I would rather suggest upgradng Lexus Sat-nav DVD (Woodford Lexus has quoted me £125 for latest Sat-nav DVD set) or opt-out for a standalone unit (TomTom, Garmin etc.)

Hope this helps.

Have a search around posts on the satnav update and you'll save yourself 125 sheets pal

Hope this helps.

Have a search around posts on the satnav update and you'll save yourself 125 sheets pal

any chance you can direct me to the correct thread mate. I've been looking for a couple of days and can't find anything.

and cheers to everyone else for the advice

Hope this helps.

any chance you can direct me to the correct thread mate. I've been looking for a couple of days and can't find anything.

and cheers to everyone else for the advice

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=68321&st=0&p=728443entry728443

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links