Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220D

brian01

When i accelerate hard the engine misses (Kangaroo petrol like) at approx 3500 rpm. It seemes to dissapear when rpm passes 4000. If i accelerate slowly through the revs it does not miss. Feels like fuel shortage ? Got car serviced with new fuel filter and had egr valve cleaned out but problem persist's. Anyone got any idear's. It's a 56 is220. Waranty ran out six month ago typical! Looking like a visit to dealer.

I've been just driving around town recently due to a short commute for my current contract. My car seemed to become a little hesitant just below 2k and lacking in torque a bit at 3.5k when pushed hard up-hill. I filled up with BP Ultimate diesel and thrashed the car to within an inch of its life over a 200 mile round trip to visit family two weeks ago. It's been ok since.

Been to lexus newcastle today. They have diag. the problem . They say it needs a new turbo !!!!!!!!!! This car has only 48,000 mls on the clock. My waranty ran out six month ago. I paid top whack for it off lexus and guess what.... the cost for them to fix it is £2,450. Been on to lexus uk and because i had my car serviced outside their dealerships during the extended waranty period (last 6 mt of waranty)the say i have no case for any good will off them.

Seems to me they are a petty organisation. Surley a turbo should last more than 48,000 mls on a vell serviced car !!!!

Any one know of any reliable turbo suppliers.

A very angry brian01.

I had also problem with the turbo - no problem with the drive, but I did check visually week before warranty expiration and found oil leak on it. They changed it.

Anyway, I found new turbos on german eBay for 400-600 euros. So try there.

I wish you good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, definitely turbocharger should last at least 100000 miles. And i know many people being very happy with Japanese cars due to their long lasting engines and parts. Most important in my opinion diesel cars must be kicked down more often than gas, especially when drive in the city. I found this a major fact protecting the turbo and injectors. SO don't kill it every day at 4500 rpm but is a must gear change near 3000 rpm. Don't worry about the fuel consumption, you waste more driving slowly and besides don't buy a Lexus if you are looking for low fuel consumption and cheap maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, definitely turbocharger should last at least 100000 miles. And i know many people being very happy with Japanese cars due to their long lasting engines and parts. Most important in my opinion diesel cars must be kicked down more often than gas, especially when drive in the city. I found this a major fact protecting the turbo and injectors. SO don't kill it every day at 4500 rpm but is a must gear change near 3000 rpm. Don't worry about the fuel consumption, you waste more driving slowly and besides don't buy a Lexus if you are looking for low fuel consumption and cheap maintenance.

I agree.

Most derv`s don`t like mollycoddled. That`s how you get carbon build-up.

I seldom even get into 4th gear driving around town. I`ll sit at 35mph in 3rd rather than have it labouring in 4th. All my other cars will have been in 4th at 30mph.

Yep...... a good booting now and again does it the world of good.

I had also problem with the turbo - no problem with the drive, but I did check visually week before warranty expiration and found oil leak on it. They changed it.

Anyway, I found new turbos on german ebay for 400-600 euros. So try there.

I wish you good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310273299413&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

• 4 weeks later...

Today, i had an experience with acceleration pedal. I was driving around 130km/h and i pressed the pedal all the way down to see how is acting. Car starts accelerating i can say pretty good but around 160 km/h i removed my foot from accelerator and guess what? car still accelerating, pedal stuck ... damn nasty felling. of course first thing i did, pressed the clutch and take it out to the neutral. and the accelerator released himself to normal. Does anyone had something like that before? i heard Toyota had issues in the States like that. In my opinion at this level is unacceptable.

first rubber mats had recall, because they did not have the holes for hooks and they could get on the accelrator pedal and stuck it in pressed position.

check if you have holes for hooks.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links