Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Short Antenna

Are short antenna from the JDM Altezza reception any good ? i read somewhere theres a reason for diffrent style of antenna for the export IS200/300 & the JDM Altezza ? and according to lextasy.com the JDM antenna is better reception. I know from experience a short antenna(aftermerket) reception was rubbish on one my previous car so i changed bk to OEM.

Cheers

I've had the short aerial off the CTR / S2000 on our cars for a while. I tried the one i had got for my old car on the IS and it's the right size thread but doesn't sit flush. I'm toying with getting the hacksaw out and just taking a little bit off the end of the thread so it then fits flush when screwed in place.

Just had a look on eBay and found a few of the Altezza aerials in the US and HK all seem to be around the £10-15 mark plus postage so the version off the IQ etc... may be an option depending on price. Anybody have an idea on what the IQ aerial costs from the dealers. Think i paid about £20 for the S2000 ones a few years ago.

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks for feedback, yeah i staying away from non toyota branded ones they look gd but from experience rubbish reception! i saw few Altezza ones on eBay usa (not tried eBay uk yet) claims there genuine toyota parts at reasonble price, well i gonna search for rav4 & iq ones dont know what they look like.

do you have part number Ormi

I had a bit of free time this afternoon whilst waiting to pick the wife up from work so i called in at the local Toyota dealer.

The part number for the IQ stubby aerial is 86309-42080 and it's £23.93+vat.

Think i'm gonna have a go at filing the end of my S2000/CTR aerial thread off first as it's the correct size thread but just slightly too long and it doesn't sit flush with the base when fully screwed on.

Hope this is helpful to somebody.

Cheers

Dave.

Iv'e got the stubby one from the Altezza, looks great and perfect reception.

Look out for Altezza's breaking on e-bay.

Good to know as the reception on the IQ antenna is not brilliant.

I had a bit of free time this afternoon whilst waiting to pick the wife up from work so i called in at the local Toyota dealer.

Think i'm gonna have a go at filing the end of my S2000/CTR aerial thread off first as it's the correct size thread but just slightly too long and it doesn't sit flush with the base when fully screwed on.

Cheers

Dave.

How did you find the reception on the S2000 antenna ? i got one the weekend fitted it(from ebay) & yes it is slightly too long so i gonna try filing it abit. As i havent driven the car due to the snow living in the cul de sac(no gritters road turned to a ice rink practically :( ) & a hilly road so no good for a RWD car! I tested the radio channels well 2 of them and they sounded fine but maybe is another matter if the cars moving ?

Cheers

Dave.

How did you find the reception on the S2000 antenna ? i got one the weekend fitted it(from ebay) & yes it is slightly too long so i gonna try filing it abit. As i havent driven the car due to the snow living in the cul de sac(no gritters road turned to a ice rink practically :( ) & a hilly road so no good for a RWD car! I tested the radio channels well 2 of them and they sounded fine but maybe is another matter if the cars moving ?

I've never had any issues with it and it's works great and actually better, i found, than the VAG OEM aerial. I've had it fitted to my previous car, (Fabia vRS), from new and we have one on our other car at present, (Also a Fabia vRS). We had a fault at one point on the other cars radio and the local dealer said it was due to me fitting a different aerial. I tried to tell them it was actually a better aerial than the OEM one and he wouldn't believe me until i pointed out that we had Lincs FM programmed on one of the radio memories and that it picked it up no problems, (This was in North Sheffield!!!), and challenged him to find another car in the dealership that could pick up that station..... Needless to say they changed their mind about it being an aerial fault when they failed to get a single car to pick up that radio station and replaced the HU. :P

There are a few copies out there but as long as it's an original Honda aerial you should be fine with it. :winky:

Cheers

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

This Honda S2000 aerial is the same as the 2001-2005 Honda Civic aerial I fitted on mine. Had to saw about 3mm off the thread, but it fits great and I have had no reception problems. I bought a genuine honda part from eBay for £9 about 6 months ago.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links