Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Shuddering At Speed

on my way home from work I was doing 50mph in the motorway when my car started to shudder. I thought I had a puncture but when I pulled off the motorway all the tyres were fine. at slow speeds everything feels ok. it seems to be coming from the drivers side rear wheel. anyone have any ideas as to what it may be ? can't get anyone to look at it until the weekend so it'll be off the road till then. thanx for any help !

it seemed as if I went over 50 mph something could come off ? luckily I was in roadworks when it happened. I'll have a look see if a weight has come off but how can I tell if a weight was there in the first place ? as you can tell I'm no mechanic lol

it seemed as if I went over 50 mph something could come off ? luckily I was in roadworks when it happened. I'll have a look see if a weight has come off but how can I tell if a weight was there in the first place ? as you can tell I'm no mechanic lol

Don't worry mate I'm not a lot better! I suppose you could look for a clean section near the other weights which could indicate there was something stuck there that has now come off. It could be something else of course but best way would be to pop into a tyre place and have the wheel balance checked to begin with.

Could it be a buckled wheel also? Have you hit any potholes or anything?

yeh i think i,ll try a tyre place first like you suggest. don,t think i,ve run over any potholes and definately havn,t hit anything. before it happened i did notice a very slight steering wheel wobble about an hour before, as if the balancing was out, so hopefully that will be the cause. thanks for the reply .

i know what you mean. i had a slow puncture and went to ats to get it fixed. left my wheel there and went back 2hrs later and they said couldn,t find a puncture so they changed the valve. asked them how much and they said nothing, free of charge. was quite impressed with that .

well i got garage to take mine off and they sent it away for recondition cost me £100, but if your going to do it yourself thats if it is one of your calipers then check on here i have seen somewhere on here about stripping one down, but sorry i have never done one on a lexus, hope you sort it out

check your wheels first just to make sure it is a caliper, not to sure where my garage sent it off to to get mine recond, where in wales are you are you "are you near telford"

i know what you mean. i had a slow puncture and went to ats to get it fixed. left my wheel there and went back 2hrs later and they said couldn,t find a puncture so they changed the valve. asked them how much and they said nothing, free of charge. was quite impressed with that .

Good business. I bet you use them again.

turns out that wasn't the cause but the front caliper jammed. so need a new one. not as cheap as i first thought. £150 in total

Hi a lot of garages seem to replace the caliper but we have them in the workshop and found when the caliper is striped its the area between the dust seal and the fluid seal has gone rusty all it needs is the seals removed clean up the rusted area clean a refit the seals this seems to be the problem usualy but without seeing your caliper i cant say yours can be repaired but its worth a try

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links