Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Service

I am a new member to your owners club and firsly I would like to say "hello".

I am looking at doing my own servicing on an IS200s 1999. I used to be a Jaguar mechanic so most thinks I can work out BUT, does anyone no where I can get a workshop manual from? The main dealers want £200! Also has anyone done thier own cambelt change yet? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks and Happy Motoring.

Richard

Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

So far I have established that some parts are cheaper bought from the main dealer! For instance an air filter from Halfords is £30 and from Lexus £14! Spark plugs are better and about the same money from the main dealer.

I will keep you all posted as and when i find out more.

Best Wishea all,

Richard

go gold and you can get further discount on parts

and discounts on

insurance

holidays

and loose women

(lied about the last bit)  :D

Has anybody actually tested that last item ?? :blink:

You never know :shifty:

hmmmm....

A gap in the market....

C'mon SiSkippy.. your in charge of organising discounts...

If your servicing it yourself how are you going to stamp the ser/book?

coz i dont think many peeps would buy a second hand LEXUS without

a fully backed up service history i.e stamps :question: I would'nt :ph34r:

Just a thought when/if you sell it could lose you a couple of grand :whistling:

Hi,

As far as re-sale is concerned I don’t see too much problem.

I still have all my qualifications if anyone wanted to see them. I worked as a Jaguar mechanic for 3 years and was a mechanic for a total of 9 years before becoming a Transport Manager.

I would write all the services in the service book as a dealer would but without stamping it. Obviously I would have all the reciepts for the parts as well, just to back it all up.

I may have the small service done at a main dealer just so they can “plug it in” and check all the electric gizmos under the bonnet, but that’s a worthwhile £153.

Would this put you off?

Richard

• 6 years later...

Hi guys im also a new member, i have just bought an is200 sport manual on a 51 plate with 55k on the clock (in black the best colour).

was just wondering if there is anyway to tell if the cambelt has been changed with out stripping down the front engine covers.

cheers gailey1uk.

Hi Richard and welcome to the club , I,m sure you will be able to cope with servicing the Lexus ,I am an engineer .and do all my own servicing, the Lexus is a very straight forward design .You now have the link for the manual , and if you look in 'Lexus workshop' under Replaced my timing belt today there is a very good walk through guide .I recently did mine £140 for parts and the only snag i had was the usual one -removal of the crankshaft nut . I don't put a lot of faith in service history,a lot of books get stamped but does the work get done ? I would rather sift through a pile of receipts for parts fitted by a knowledgeable owner ,I don,t think you will have any problem re selling a well looked after car

I never have

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links