Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi - me again. Well I picked up the £500 black LS400 with the 'aftermarket' wheels we discussed yesterday. Seems fine to me. Of course I have nothing to compare it to as I have never driven one before. Everything seems to work except the radio backlight. She certainly doesn't hang around when you bury the right foot but is still a lovely thing to drive at 'legal' speeds. So smooth and effortless. A stonking audio system. For years I have regarded older(up to 1995)Merc's as the dogs doodah's,but this car has made me think again. In short it has and does everything I want a car to do. The wheels by the way are 18" TSW's with 245x45 Goodyear rubber on and will be at the top of the list to deal with. A good rub down and a can of matt black paint will suffice for now. Happy days.

Hello, yep you sure do get a hell of a car for the money they cost. You've now been converted like the rest of us lol.. You're now driving the same car someone paid £40,000 for.

But without the hefty depriciation !!! Enjoy your new magic carpet..

Steve

Wahay!!!! You got it then!.

Re burying the right foot. I dont know if you noticed but if you floor the accelerator pedal and then push it deeper she will REALLY fly. Theres a little button under the pedal that seems to change the "luxury car" into a hoolagon.

Re the wheels. if you change the wheels, have a look on the threads about what tyres other members are using. The concensous is that Pirrelis are pants.

Hi,

I'm glad you've got your LS and that you are happy with it. I, like you, used to think that another car was the "kids kiddy", but in my case it was the BMW 7 series, then I got a Lexus and changed my mind.

Recently I have been losing my mind and looking to sell the Lexus (a whole other story), but in a recent conversation with my dad where he asked me to name the good and bad points of both cars I own, when it came to the Lexus' good points, I just said "it does everything well". My dad said, "nuff said". Sorry about the long story, but it's a point to bear in mind :)

Thanks

Mike

I didn't use mine for a few months during the summer due to a brake problem (misdiagnosed as as servo/master cylinder problem, when it was simply rusted pipes).

In that period I was looking at getting a replacement car and looked at 5 and 7 series BMW;s, variuos Mercs before settling on an Audi S8. Took my car to be fixed (£100 all in) and on the drive home put all thoughts of selling out of my mind-it just does everything I want a car to do.

The radio backlight has been out on my car since getting it, but I can put up with that. If I could find someone to repair it I would get it done as it is the only fault with the car.

I didn't use mine for a few months during the summer due to a brake problem (misdiagnosed as as servo/master cylinder problem, when it was simply rusted pipes).

In that period I was looking at getting a replacement car and looked at 5 and 7 series BMW;s, variuos Mercs before settling on an Audi S8. Took my car to be fixed (£100 all in) and on the drive home put all thoughts of selling out of my mind-it just does everything I want a car to do.

The radio backlight has been out on my car since getting it, but I can put up with that. If I could find someone to repair it I would get it done as it is the only fault with the car.

BBA Reman fixes the backlight

http://www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/DetailedProduct.aspx?DetailedProduct=1993

I am currently working on the backlight problem with Benfur. We've solved one issue but there are a couple of causes. Hope this will be resolved very soon.

One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us..

LS400, The only way to go. My LS 400 has the same problem with the stereo backlight, it doesnt bother me, but I do want to replace the stereo with a double dinn DVD player unit.

Brian :)

One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us.. One of us..

LS400, The only way to go. My LS 400 has the same problem with the stereo backlight, it doesnt bother me, but I do want to replace the stereo with a double dinn DVD player unit.

Brian :)

:winky:

Irobot460x276.jpg

The "missing" backlights on my radio is my cars only fault, and as such, it niggles me immensley.

Thanks for the BBA link Ruud, and I have sent them an e-mail. However, if someone here has devised a fix, I'd rather give them my business than anyone else. It's people like them that allow us to keep our cars as they should be.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links