Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One of my keys (3 button) will not lock the car remotely, it works fine in the doors and ignition. If my wife has used her key to lock the car remotely then when I unlock the car with my key in the door the alarm goes off. Could it be the Battery in my key, although the little red light does work on the key ??

One of my keys (3 button) will not lock the car remotely, it works fine in the doors and ignition. If my wife has used her key to lock the car remotely then when I unlock the car with my key in the door the alarm goes off. Could it be the battery in my key, although the little red light does work on the key ??

What about if you unlock with your remote rather than the key?

The remote on my MK IV has a similar issue. It usually takes quite a few presses of the button to get the car to lock or unlock. The Lexus dealer quoted me £250 to get two new remote keys and the programming done. I haven't taken up the offer yet! :P

BTW - replacing the Battery with a new one didn't help the problem.

One of my keys (3 button) will not lock the car remotely, it works fine in the doors and ignition. If my wife has used her key to lock the car remotely then when I unlock the car with my key in the door the alarm goes off. Could it be the battery in my key, although the little red light does work on the key ??

Not sure about a MKIV but on my MK3 it is actually a 'rolling code' to prevent the remote from being copied. To get the remote to unlock you have to hold the lock/unlock key for 10 seconds to synch the alarm to the fob and then let go an activate/deactivate as normal.

First time this happened I thought bugger the car won't start as it's also immobilised but managed to read in the manual about the above procedure which was in the glovebox - luckily !

thats interesting Peter, I wonder if the MK4 is the same ? Do you hold both the lock & unlock buttons together at the same time for 10sec ?

I have not got a manual for the Mk4 so perhaps someone could tell me if the procedure is shown for the Mk 4.

Many Thanks

thats interesting Peter, I wonder if the MK4 is the same ? Do you hold both the lock & unlock buttons together at the same time for 10sec ?

I have not got a manual for the Mk4 so perhaps someone could tell me if the procedure is shown for the Mk 4.

Many Thanks

With the MKIII you sync the remotes seperately. There's nothing to stop you trying it with yours. Make it a generous 10 secs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links