Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Headlamp/winscreen Washer Problem

Hi all,

I have a problem with the windscreen/headlamp washer on my 2001 Is200.

If I use the button on the end of the stalk then I get windscreen wash no problem, if I use the headlamp wash button on the dashboard then it washers the headlamps no problem......however if I pull the washer/wipe stalk back then I get nothing?

Is this problem related to the stalk, a relay or the pump?

I notice there are two pumps on the bottle, the small one at the rear (accessed form the passenger wheel arch) seems to work from the button on the end of the stalk, so I assume the larger pump at the front is the headlamp washers....again i assume both pumps are ok as headlamp washers work from the dash button.

Can someone please help, looking to get some them working this evening..

Thanks in advance.

Damian

Ah ok, I assume (incorrectly by the sound of it) that pulling the stalk would give windscreen washers and headlamp washers together! seems all is work as it should then.....that will save me taking the bumper off!

Should the headlamp washers work when the lights are on and I use the wash wipe on the end of the stalk? (obviously not every time but once every few wipes?)

Thanks for you help.

Ah ok, I assume (incorrectly by the sound of it) that pulling the stalk would give windscreen washers and headlamp washers together! seems all is work as it should then.....that will save me taking the bumper off!

Should the headlamp washers work when the lights are on and I use the wash wipe on the end of the stalk? (obviously not every time but once every few wipes?)

Thanks for you help.

Yes pulling the stalk is the single wipe, button on the end of the stalk activates the washers.

I'm not sure if this varies slightly dependent on the year of the car, but on mine the headlamp washers work only the first time you use the windscreen washer after the headlights are switched on.

Mines an 04 plate IS300 and works as follows....

Press the windscreen wash button on the stalk with the lights off or on sidelights and only the windscreen wash works.

Press the windscreen wash button on the stalk with the lights on dip or mainbeam and both headlight and windscreen washers work but only the first time you do it.... After the first time only the windscreen wash works.

If the headlights need another wash after the above first time wash then the button on the dash cleans the headlights.

Having had three cars with xenons now this is probably the best system i've had so far having the ability to wash the headlights alone if required....

In my Polo GTi when the headlights were on the windscreen and headlight washers worked together every time you used the windscreen washers. (Went through washer water / fluid like nobodies business!!!)

In my Fabia vRS when the headlights were on both windscreen and headlight washers worked the first time then again every five times after that so you get one wash with both then the next four would be just the windscreen then the next one would be both again and so on.

Cheers

Dave.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links