Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello there fellow owners i ave been a bit of a sleeper here not posting as much as i should so i apologise for this now lets get to the project in hand as we all know its very hard to source parts in this country for the beautifull gs300 mk1 jzs147 so my project stands so far with RSR lowering spring mated to factory shocks the ride is still as silky smooth just as the jacked up original springs road humps are not a problem unless if they are too high but at a snils pace you are fine i als have fitted the front upper strut brace from an aristo which i have polished this is for keeping the front end stable and for engine dress up as both of these parts has had very good effects on the looks and handling i have also fitted the car with hid and jdm smd sidelights and vanity mirror lights are jdm smd too this has freshend up the front end a treat just waitng for delivery of K&N panel filter and oil filter future parts to come are yellow smd fog light bulbs drilled brake discs all round bigger wheels currently running in stock 16s and bottom half of the car sprayed in pearl white just to make it updeate it 2011 spec along with the fold away wing mirrors and the finishing touches will also include ultra light smoke tints 50% with full stainles exhaust manifold to rear inc sports cat well that the plan any help in locating parts or advice on anything regarding this project will be gladly appreciated here are just a few pics for your viewing

IMG_20110621_182954.jpg

IMG_20110621_185630-1.jpg

IMG_20110621_210040-1.jpg

IMG_20110621_183033-1.jpg

That's the dilema there mate 18s or 19s but would love to go 20s but the wheels ideally will have to be staggered but its just a matter of choosing the right design I have been scouring the net and its got me more confused as once I've seen a set I see something else and then I'm backbto square 1 lol

the car is in good condition have owned it for 3yrs now its coming upto 148k full service history never failed an mot as I only driven Jap cars so I know a good one when I see it so had to have it as I've always loved the shape of the jzs147 and its in pearl white nice colour once its been meguired it really pops /@

Yes mate well i did have plans to change the interior to cream leathers and go for the jdm/usdm look combining the two for the ultimate vip subtle look as most US market lexus had cream interior on pearl white but as doing my reasearch found a company that can supply a special leather paint that can be applied to the seats and they have various colours and can also customise a colour so as my seats are in very good condition compared to others that i have seen for sale which is quite understandable as most mk1 are 18yrs old now but this just shows the build quality of lexus so will be looking at this option and maybe painting some parts not all in either white seats or orange/tan like the 350Z if you can imagine it trying to think outside the box as alot of jdm/usdm vip companies have done the obvious colour combos ie red/black interiors i was also toying with the idea of making the mk1 into a coupe by welding the rear doors and fitting leather reclining recaros in the front and making the back into two seats with the centre console going from front to the rear in one piece a bit of a crazy vision there but would look intresting a cross between a soarer/supra and a gs300 but not just yet will have to really save up for that as i am an impatient person as when i have done other cars in the past i had got all the parts booked the garage and sprayer and banged the whole car out from start to finsh within a week working till early hours every day but now the garage that i used are only intreasted in just doing quick jobs and it seems that they have lost the passion in thier jobs so will need to find others who share the same enthussiasm in creating a masterpiece on wheels

just thought i will show you what my vision is for the gs as its quite a simple procedure there are many ways in making the gs coupe back in the early 90s i had seen a ford orion made into a coupe and if im not mistaken im sure the guy had used the front doors from an xr31 and modified the the pillars to allow the doors to fit but as the gs goes it would be much simpler just to weld the rear doors and to fit front recliners on or you could try and fit the rear quarter panels and window from a soarer something to look into also in sweeden they actually lower the roofline by chopping all the pillars by an inch or so and rewelding the roof this then gives the car a much aggresive and much lower look

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good. You've done some of the things I had done to my Mk1 Sport. I also put RS*R springs on mine as the previous owner had reverted back to standard springs due to his driveway. Very good springs.

just a quick update fitted the K&N panel filter along with K&N oil filter carried out the all important service now have 15 stamps in my service history book improvement in throttle responce and midrange power ideal for motorways can stretch the legs of the gs with much more ease without using sports mode also i was in need of some tyres as mine where on there way out not bad going lasted 3years from new but as i mentioned in previous post i wanted deep dish and staggerd wheels so instead of buying another set of brand new tyres which i was looking at around £240 i decided to get some run around wheels for know untill i can make my mind up on the wheel of choice so i picked up a set of 16x8 fronts and 16x9 supra wheels with khumo ecstata sport tyres 225 50 16 and 245 45 16 for £57+£29 for carrige at my cost as the wheels where a fair bit away from me and i couldnt wait till the weekend to collect ifor anyone deciding to fit these wheels to the mk1 gs you will need to fit 5mm spacers on the front as i found out after fitting the wheels it was hitting the suspension these wheels are 50 offset same as the oem lexus wheels but being 8j at the front but with 5mm spacers has done the trick now here are the pics

gssupra1.png

gssupra2.png

just a quick update fitted the K&N panel filter along with K&N oil filter carried out the all important service now have 15 stamps in my service history book improvement in throttle responce and midrange power ideal for motorways can stretch the legs of the gs with much more ease without using sports mode also i was in need of some tyres as mine where on there way out not bad going lasted 3years from new but as i mentioned in previous post i wanted deep dish and staggerd wheels so instead of buying another set of brand new tyres which i was looking at around £240 i decided to get some run around wheels for know untill i can make my mind up on the wheel of choice so i picked up a set of 16x8 fronts and 16x9 supra wheels with khumo ecstata sport tyres 225 50 16 and 245 45 16 at my cost as the wheels where a fair bit away from me and i couldnt wait till the weekend to collect ifor anyone deciding to fit these wheels to the mk1 gs you will need to fit 5mm spacers on the front as i found out after fitting the wheels it was hitting the suspension these wheels are 50 offset same as the oem lexus wheels but being 8j at the front but with 5mm spacers has done the trick now here are the pics

gssupra2.png

gssupra1.png

Is it me? there are no pictures? :excl:

Yep or gloss black. Ive got the kitsuna and tsuna hanging off the interior mirror but cant do anymore lol im too old to lower and put bigger rims on and the misses aint letting me tint it lol.

I do lovevthe look though. Rarely done in uk.

Keep us posted.

Steve.

• 4 months later...

Quick update tinted the front fogs yellow jdm style got the car mot another 13 months of no advisory driving next on the list is an exhaust and uprated brakes and I am contemplating if I should tint the rear windows or not I have also bought a new project a Nissan 200sx s14a so have been spending alot of time on it the last few weeks will post updated pics soon

Quick update tinted the front fogs yellow jdm style got the car mot another 13 months of no advisory driving next on the list is an exhaust and uprated brakes and I am contemplating if I should tint the rear windows or not I have also bought a new project a Nissan 200sx s14a so have been spending alot of time on it the last few weeks will post updated pics soon

nice, such a rare car now though why don't you save money and time and keep it standard but just improve what you have? try and get it near concours condition would be a better bet!

The plan was to keep everything looking standard just to bring it up to 2012 spec as you can see the modifications have all been kept neat and tidy so its not obvious to most people other than those of us in the know also using good quality parts also makes a major difference as the quality is kept in order with the Lexus refinements I am looking at getting the bottom half resprayed at some point and try and source some decent set of OEM Lexus wheels from the new generation as to the tints it would only be ultra light smoke keeping to factory set ups exhaust will have to be custom built but that also will be kept looking standard no loud bore hopefully once finished it will be a clean example I have owned it over 3yrs and it has only needed a Battery alternator and starter lower arms very extensive history which I have kept going now consisting of 15 stamps

Yes but it could also just be slammed big wheels and little upgraded touches to the exterior and interior to make it into VIP in my view i would like to have it more on the executive boardroom style of the VIP side as most parts to get them shipped to the UK would cost an earth and as we all know there is very little in aftermatket parts available yo us here

Isn't VIP'ing it meant to mean big fat wheels, stretch tyres, slammed, curtains in the window, bling etc?

That's what I thought too

Yes but it could also just be slammed big wheels and little upgraded touches to the exterior and interior to make it into VIP in my view i would like to have it more on the executive boardroom style of the VIP side as most parts to get them shipped to the UK would cost an earth and as we all know there is very little in aftermatket parts available yo us here

I think there's a difference between 'clean and slammed' and 'VIP'. VIP means not cutting any corners, expensive parts everywhere, curtains, tints, probably air suspension etc.

As you said, getting proper VIP parts into the UK is mega expensive which is why people don't normally do a proper VIP, they just lower it on wide rims and tidy up the interior/exterior.

Good work so far though.

Thanks its on going project aswell as my daily driver looked into hydraulic suspension simple kit up down in the UK roughly £2200 a few years back found one company in the UK for a body kit but didn't have the full kit in stock just the skirts and rear bumper and that's it will have to fabricate some sort of kit myself at some point and make the curtains would work out alot cheaper lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links