Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Projector Headlights Circa £200

Hello Guys I'm fairly new here.

I have been researching projector headlights for a few weeks now and have found a great solution.

Here is a simple install.

They offer other projectors but this one simply plugs in! its bi-xenon they supply all the wiring and harnesses anyone interested in a group buy? the guys are very pleasant and helpful i have emailed them a couple of times.

ok, I'm interested. Any chance you could find a picture of them fitted to an IS200?

There are picture on that site of them fitted to a 300. he did a quad conversion with Lexus RX projectors and the Morimoto Mini

I have been looking for decent projectors for some time. I'm not really a fan of the aftermarket sets on eBay etc. AAC do amazing projectors but again a US company and very expensive.

I know they say these are plug and play but you still have to take your headlights apart and everything else. If I could find someone to do the job for me I'd be interested definitely.

I have been looking for decent projectors for some time. I'm not really a fan of the aftermarket sets on eBay etc. AAC do amazing projectors but again a US company and very expensive.

I know they say these are plug and play but you still have to take your headlights apart and everything else. If I could find someone to do the job for me I'd be interested definitely.

Its VERY easy to split the headlight open! many members here do it to paint the inside of their to match the later model IS200. After that one just screws the projector mentioned here in. they also sell the sealer stuff if ur not sure about resealing your lights.

I wouldn't be worried about splitting the headlights. I have done so before to remove the orange filter. Then I bought some late spec headlights but have left them alone.

I have an idea how to install the projectors, cut out space in the reflector screw the projector in etc. There are how to's on You Tube. But it's getting the light pattern beam and cut off right. I would just prefer to have it done professionally.

I wouldn't be worried about splitting the headlights. I have done so before to remove the orange filter. Then I bought some late spec headlights but have left them alone.

I have an idea how to install the projectors, cut out space in the reflector screw the projector in etc. There are how to's on You Tube. But it's getting the light pattern beam and cut off right. I would just prefer to have it done professionally.

These projectors require no cutting of your original headlight they have a threaded bit that you put through the space already in the back of your reflector. you are also supplied with a bulb adaptor plate which is put on so it attaches just like a bulb only you insert it from the front of the headlight. i have found a foot of a retrofit which does not look great!

Half way down

rough looking

These projectors require no cutting of your original headlight they have a threaded bit that you put through the space already in the back of your reflector. you are also supplied with a bulb adaptor plate which is put on so it attaches just like a bulb only you insert it from the front of the headlight. i have found a foot of a retrofit which does not look great!

Half way down

rough looking

It looks bad because he chose the wrong shroud/bezel. he should have got the e46-r extended.

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of next week i will be buying a full kit and putting them up on my car hopefully gain some interest. I would like the shroud from this setup.

You could sell me a set of these projectors! 

Can't wait to see them mate. I love some of the work AAC do, have you seen their site? Live the double projector headlights. But at almost 1k from AAC I'd have lights almost worth more than my car!!  And US Spec!

Look forward to seeing them on. Although I'd prefer them less black.

"less Black" I have the bronze/satin finish 04 lights. i might also get these instead.!? Im getting 2 projectors 4 shrouds and angel eyes posted for £170:)

i might also get these instead.!?

MC-RShrouds.jpg

Can't wait to see them mate. I love some of the work AAC do, have you seen their site? Live the double projector headlights. But at almost 1k from AAC I'd have lights almost worth more than my car!!  And US Spec!

Look forward to seeing them on. Although I'd prefer them less black.

I intend on doing a full photo guide. I have to wait to payday :( Im still a student so I have been wasting my study time researching these lights! I have found one more problem today that is the 9006/hb4 orientation Lexus went with is not common! they rotated it just to be awkward, so if one is installing these they will have to align the lights manually instead of using the supplied adaptors. I had to adapt my current anti glare bulbs to so the shielded but was correctly placed at the bottom of the bulb.

Can you post up the finished product, seriously considering buying these.

All parts ordered from Matt @ TRS

Hopefully they will arrive this week and I will take full photo guide then put you in touch with Matt

parts ordered

Mini H1 projectors (easy install) RHD, Graphite shroud

Mini Cooper Shroud with angel eyes.

BI-XENON logos

5000k Morimoto H1 bulbs

Ill be using my old Ballasts but will eventually get good ones Can't afford it all in one go :( lol

Can you post up the finished product, seriously considering buying these.

I have found one more problem today that is the 9006/hb4 orientation Lexus went with is not common! they rotated it just to be awkward, so if one is installing these they will have to align the lights manually instead of using the supplied adaptors. I had to adapt my current anti glare bulbs to so the shielded but was correctly placed at the bottom of the bulb.

Good work on the install, been watching this thread closely in case I want to have a go at it.

I had the exact same problem as you when fitting aftermarket HIDs though, the anti-glare sections don't line up properly because Lexus bulbs stop 1/3 turn different than everyone else! So I've just got normal HID bulbs in now.

Much much better than I thought it was going to be. Not OTT either looks almost OEM. How about a few more pics?

Could you or is it possible to do this to the main beam so as to have a double projector headlight?

So how easy was the install?

I modified the anti glare bulbs to fit. just shaved and files a wee bit off the tabs a bit and then on the headlight i took off the plastic lock ring and just flipped it over so the block out part of the bulb was in the right place;) he is a pic

img1051bu.jpg

I have found one more problem today that is the 9006/hb4 orientation Lexus went with is not common! they rotated it just to be awkward, so if one is installing these they will have to align the lights manually instead of using the supplied adaptors. I had to adapt my current anti glare bulbs to so the shielded but was correctly placed at the bottom of the bulb.

Good work on the install, been watching this thread closely in case I want to have a go at it.

I had the exact same problem as you when fitting aftermarket HIDs though, the anti-glare sections don't line up properly because Lexus bulbs stop 1/3 turn different than everyone else! So I've just got normal HID bulbs in now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links