Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Confused And Need Help

OK First a little bit of history....

When I bought this MR2 back in October I had all sorts of problems with the local garage I bought it from which ended up resulting in the fitting a new engine due to s asiezure and no oil after 200 miles of purchase blowingthe big ends...

The clutch has started to slip after 7.5 months of them fitting a new one. I asked for a Toyota Clutch, they fitted an ADL Denso Clutch with 12 month warranty, as I don't have it in writing and they can't recall what I asked for this is now irrelevant.

I have spoken with ADL and the garage in question (no names will be given yet) and they have said that they will check the clutchj and if it is faulty pick up the tab for labour and parts, if it's anything else, oil in the bell housing etc I would be liable for costs.

I have now got to thinking if it is oil in the Bell Housing surely that would be down to the work they carreid out fitting a new engine 7.5 months ago as well so they should be liable, am I wrong here.

I have spoken with ADL who have said that I can take the car to any garage in the area and get them to take the clutch out and if it is at fault they will replace the clutch and pay for labour. The reason I asked this is I don't trust the garage who did the original work.

Main question to start with...

1) If it is oil in the clutch shouldn't the original garage be at fault as the car has only had the engine for 7.5 months ?

as I said in the toc forum...

No need for confusion here....

Unless the garage in question expressly agreed with you a Warranty exceeding 7.5months for the engine, OR

Unless the suppliers of the engine to the garage expressly agreed a warranty period not affected by your garage doing the fitting then....

NO CLAIM CAN BE BROUGHT

Sorry.

Loz LLB Hons

See sale of goods act amendment 1995

14.2 merchantable quailty

14.4?? fit for th epurpose it was intend

it was and you bought it with no futher warranty right?

You are probaly right if there is oil in there as it can really only come from the engine probaly main oil seal (crankshaft).However most warrentys do not cover oil seals so you will probaly have no luck there .Are you sure it is not gearbox oil .I would take it to another garage and if the clutch is just worn pour a gallon of oil on it :D.The clutch that is not the car

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links