Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Error Codes

robban

Hi everybody

Can any one tell me how its posably to get error code 25 and 26 at the same time??? lean and rich air-fuel malfunction

My beloved ls400 didnt pas MOT today!

Totally heartbroken!

Bild862.jpg

Hi everybody

Can any one tell me how its posably to get error code 25 and 26 at the same time??? lean and rich air-fuel malfunction

My beloved ls400 didnt pas MOT today!

Totally heartbroken!

Bild862.jpg

Hi robban

Just checked the Workshop manual and these two codes do show at the same time ,Diagnosis as decribed in diagnostic codes as follows.

code 25 Air fuel Ratio Lean malfunction; During air fuel ratio feedback correction output

code 26 Air fuel Ratio Rich malfunction ; voltage of main oxygen sensor stays lean for a set period of time or longer.

This seems to suggest that the main oxygen sensor on one of the banks as failed.

thanks ambermarine

wouldent there be a errorcode for the main oxygen sensor?

The car has olso startet to twitch when on highway,sometimes,but not all the time!

Im suggspecting that the fuelfilter needs replacing!But the fuellines are rusty,and needs to be replaced also....

This is my reflection

fuelfilter clogged

the engine does not get enough fuel and starts too twitch!

The engine call for more fuel and overcompensates?

Maybe burned the cats....

allot of maybes... :duh:

thanks ambermarine

wouldent there be a errorcode for the main oxygen sensor?

The car has olso startet to twitch when on highway,sometimes,but not all the time!

Im suggspecting that the fuelfilter needs replacing!But the fuellines are rusty,and needs to be replaced also....

This is my reflection

fuelfilter clogged

the engine does not get enough fuel and starts too twitch!

The engine call for more fuel and overcompensates?

Maybe burned the cats....

allot of maybes... :duh:

Hi Robban

Yes they are 21 & 28 21 left bank 28 right bank but they will only come up if you do the nessarcary procedure to find them .

this is a complicated procedure for which you really need a workshop maunual or take it to a lexus workshop.

I doubt that a clogged fuel filter is the cause of your intermitent blips more likely to be fuel management fault probably originating at the oxygen sensors.

• 3 months later...

The fuellines readed replacing anyway as you can see.

Got a new error code 24 air intake sensor...

Would love to take it too a lexus workshop,but there isnt one around where i live.....

will only come up if you do the nessarcary procedure to find them .

this is a complicated procedure for which you really need a workshop maunual or take it to a lexus workshop.

tell me how??? please!

today i check the air intake sensor ,and also the igntion coils,nothing wrong there, they measure just fine...

I zeroed the codes and took the car for a testdrive.

It worked perfectly when the engine was cold,but when it got to working temperture,it starded to hesitate,poor pickup.

and uneven idling

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links