Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newby

Rontee

Hi all, I have joined the forum because I love my IS200SE, (far from new,2003,but loved) and I am sure that there will be plenty of help available out there to assist me to keep her as beautiful as I think that she already is.

Very frustrated at the moment because someone, who had no idea how wide their vehicle was, wiped out my wing mirror. What was thought to be a relatively simple repair is slowly turning into a nightmare. The colour matched cowl was smashed and the mirror itself shattered, other than that everything functions normally. I was fortunate enough to locate a 2000 model unit from a local breakers but when I come to install it I find that the connector block doesn't match,nor do the number of wires. My next thought was to take the mirror and the cowl from the replacement unit and install them onto the original body, hook up, job done? NO. I have spent all day trying to remove the cowl without damaging it and despite checking with the forum Knowledge base, I can find no way of removing either the old mirror, or the new one. One other problem is that I cannot fully remove the door panel. I have removed all of the fasteners including the one behind the door catch, but the panel stubbornly refuses to part company with the door.

Can anyone tell me how to do it.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Make sure you have removed all the door panel fixing screws, there may be one hidden in the arm rest area or behind the interior door opening lever ( gently prise the cover off)

The door panel is then held by plastic clips and some force is required to release them, slip your fingers in the bottom edge and pull, I've never broken a clip yet!

Once the panel is loose disconnect any wiring looms and with the panel pulled out at the bottom lift it up to diengage it from the window channel.

The mirror cover again clips on but having never removed one I cannot advise on removal, have a look at the damaged old one to see if you can see any locating lugs and go from there.

Many thanks for the tips Steve, I sorted out the removal of the mirror but I had to struggle for space because, for the life of me, I could not remove that door panel. I am sure that I removed all of the fasteners and the panel was moving around the interior door pull but it was impossible to lift the panel to clear the groove at the bottom of the window. It was as if there was another hidden fixing very close to the door pull, also I tried to prise off the plastic door pull surround but it was not having it and I gave up for fear of breaking it.

Everything is back together again now but I still have to wait for another mirror with the correct wiring loom and a cowl with the right attachment clips

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links