Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Guy Looking For An Is200

basically i am a 19 yearold lad, looking for an is200.

seen a few for a reasonable price just wandering if this is any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-200-2-0-S-/220868406882?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item336cc86e62

full service history is a plus, but personally id go for a sport or se version,as they are better spec, 17 inch alloys, heated half leather seats, and seem to sell better.

unfortunately most se models are a bit out of my price range, however is the price fair for mileage?

ive heard these engines live forever with regualr serves etc.. plus im a mechanic so can maintain it easily.

the seller has said they will go for sensible offers, so im thinking of asking for a price drop of about £100

personally i wouldnt touch a car with galatic mileage like the 1 your looking at,not just saying this but could cost you more in the long run.

only you can decide what you can afford,

who knows give me a serious offer, :winky:

but what ever you decide good luck and hope you enjoy.

personally i think mileage like that on any car,is something i would be concerend with,bear in mind if any expensive repairs that are around the corner it will be you paying for them.but as you know any car can have problems.

What ever is you get make sure timing belt is changed I have just bought a is200 myself you can find some really low milage ones mine had 70k and full history

Is mileage something to watch out for with these cars?

no not as long as its been serviced regulary,the one ive just bought has 132k with full service history and drives better and is smoother than the first one i had which only had 100k but no service history, parts are cheap enough off e-bay.

Even cambelt is a diy job using guide off here as long as youre reasonably competent with tools.I did mine in an hour or so and never changed one before.

It has full history and a timing belt change which is good the milage should be fine as it's a solid engine in the is know what you are going through I have just bought my first is in october

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links