Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Upper Ball Joint Arm

I have changed the 2 front upper ball joints; NS 2 years ago and OS last year. Both from a factors on eBay, c £70 each. Im aware that other members have had the same problem with pattern front upper ball joints.

The NS is now knackered and needs replacig again.

Other than going to the dealers, where can I get a good quality one from?

have you asked the Dealer price ? ACLex maybe !

Malc

Thanks for the response Malc,

Phoned Lexus Carlisle today; List £428 +vat discounted to £364 +vat.

At these prices it will be cheaper to replace them with pattern parts every couple of years. The car is 18 years old after all.

I replaced them on my MK1 LS400 ( many years ago now ) at 150k and 160k respectively and they sure were £00's even then !

Benfur might have some original stuff ( even if replaced like I did for instance ) with a low mileage maybe !

Malc

I replaced them on my MK1 LS400 ( many years ago now ) at 150k and 160k respectively and they sure were £00's even then !

Benfur might have some original stuff ( even if replaced like I did for instance ) with a low mileage maybe !

Malc

Like Malc says, I replaced mine also many years ago got them from Japarts in London Still have the original invoice and they were genuine Lexus parts with Lexus part no's cost me £215 each+vat and in 2003 that was 25% down from Lexus dealer price.

I know there are now aftermarket wishbones available there was'nt then so although I was forced to buy oem it as paid off because 70000 miles later they are still good.

I hear what you are saying but its a 190k 1993 car when all said and done. In teh next couple of weeks ill be buying 4 new winter tyres and 2 lexus rear lower wishbones. Total cost in the region of £700.

Add a genuine front upper ball joint to that and you are over £1,000.

I hear what you are saying but its a 190k 1993 car when all said and done. In teh next couple of weeks ill be buying 4 new winter tyres and 2 lexus rear lower wishbones. Total cost in the region of £700.

Add a genuine front upper ball joint to that and you are over £1,000.

Yes and its your call,but isnt that like saying I,ll put out the fire that is threatening to burn my house down apart from that smoldering bit over there.

Just out of curiosity which part has failed on the UCA, the bushes or the ball joint?

Reason I ask is because you can fit a grease nipple to the ball joint apparently so by regreasing prolong its life.

Mine are both original on a 1994 with around 70,000 miles, no bush deterioration, no ball joint play and therefore no MOT advisory, the lower ball joints were replaced last year.

I know both Lexus Derby and Birmingham were heavily discounting early LS spares a while ago try haggling, I do and normally reach a good compromise.

My eBay arms lasted a very short time. I reckon they fit new bushes and just leave the ball joint alone (hoping it will be fine). They then fit very poor quality gaiters to them and it was these that disintegrated in a few months. By the time I saw the state of them, a ball joint was knackered. I did get replacements, but I've never fitted them as my originals weren't really worn after all.

Pete

Steve, its the ball joints that are knackered.

PlasticO, I think i got mine from the same place as you. Somewhere in yorkshire. Part4cars or something like that.

Its only a 15minute job to fit new ones so i think ill go theh pattern route and take a chance. Might have been different if i was flushed but im on mi a**e at the moment.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links