Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Am I the only person on here who watches the US version of Top Gear (presently available on iPlayer)? And am I the only person who is starting to enjoy it, though only a bit?

Anyway, this week they have a decent looking LS400 from about 1982, but they aren't very nice to it.

Please don't tell me how sad I am. I know already.

Am I the only person on here who watches the US version of Top Gear (presently available on iPlayer)? And am I the only person who is starting to enjoy it, though only a bit?

Anyway, this week they have a decent looking LS400 from about 1982, but they aren't very nice to it.

Please don't tell me how sad I am. I know already.

Yes I've watched it several times and I have grown to enjoy the titles going up at the end.

I really wish that they would just do a programme that doesn't ape our home grown programme because you are never ever going to find 3 blokes that marry together the way our one does.

Mike.

I've also watched it once, and some bits of it occasionally, and only because they were "over here" looking at a Morgan. The piece itself wasn't that bad, sort of a cross between Old Top Gear and watching paint dry (which I am doing today).

As far as I can tell, they are simply re-creating each individual episode of original TG? e.g. the boat/plane/car race (boat/train/car in the UK, but they don't have trains over there...); the "buy an old car and take it to the proving ground put eggs in a colander above the presenters head" trick. It's like an old VHS copy of a copy of a copy: You can watch it, but all the time you're wishing you had the original.

I watched an episode of the Aussie version, where they drove a car on the pavement, aping some cyclists.

As someone who does many thousands of miles cycling per year, that put me right off. Of course they didn't show any cyclists doing 60mph down residential streets, or killing thousands of people per year. But anything for a laugh.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links