Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Another Failed Battery Within 12 Months

I bought a new Battery with 3 years guarantee from a local motor factors last november and over the past weeks the starter has got sluggish especially in the mornings all the lights were going out to start the car - so rang them - they said bring it back and we will test it - took it back this morning and they swapped it over no quibbles - no cheking - no testing. I was so pleased i gave them so more business and bought come blueprint filters from them (oil/air/cabin) - so just need to treat her to some fresh Castrol edge 5w-30 and she will be good for another year.

oh yeah i had to use the toolkit for the first time ever in 4 years to change the Battery over

so pleased with her - makes me smile every time i sit in her - have often thought about upgrading to the 430 but not totally convinced its a better car - sure the looks are very nice (54 onwards) but not sure about the drive and there are reliability issues - just been reading up on the for sale ones and there are failed steering motors, sat nav screen glitches etc etc - so ill hold onto mine for now......................

When the time ever comes, heaven forbid, I will probably bypass the 430 and go straight for the 460 or maybe......... if they're really cheap, a 600.

But that's going to be years and years away if ever.

The 430 does seem to be getting bad press reports on this forum !

Malc

The 430 does seem to be getting bad press reports on this forum !

Malc

It does, it seems to be the received wisdom. I'm not sure the evidence to support it is really there though. I'm on my second 430, perhaps I've just been lucky.

I had a 400 before that, so I don't need any convincing on how good they are too. Personally I consider the 430's as reliable as the 400's, and they are all lovely!

Chris

• 1 month later...

I bought a new battery with 3 years guarantee from a local motor factors last november and over the past weeks the starter has got sluggish especially in the mornings all the lights were going out to start the car - so rang them - they said bring it back and we will test it - took it back this morning and they swapped it over no quibbles - no cheking - no testing. I was so pleased i gave them so more business and bought come blueprint filters from them (oil/air/cabin) - so just need to treat her to some fresh castrol edge 5w-30 and she will be good for another year.

oh yeah i had to use the toolkit for the first time ever in 4 years to change the battery over

so pleased with her - makes me smile every time i sit in her - have often thought about upgrading to the 430 but not totally convinced its a better car - sure the looks are very nice (54 onwards) but not sure about the drive and there are reliability issues - just been reading up on the for sale ones and there are failed steering motors, sat nav screen glitches etc etc - so ill hold onto mine for now......................

1. about Battery - repair starter - I had same issue (LS400'99). New Battery was gone in few months. After I renewal starter - old Battery was like a new !

I did by myself (can share photos of disassemble of starter in LS400 if you need).

2. LS430 is a big step forward via LS400 (I changed LS400 -> LS430 after four years) Difference in + for 430 is big. Power, brakes, steering, navigation, silence, equipment (ventilated seats), smart system etc. Get LS430 for one ride and you'll start to dream how to 'upgrade' from LS400 to LS430 :-)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links