Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Speed When I Am In D!

Welcome to the LOC.

I don't understand your question could you explain more about the problem

Hi there, the transmission has P,R,N,D and S, right? when it is in D, there is no speed.. one of my fd has 20km/h when the transmission is in D.

Welcome to the LOC.

Hi there, the transmission has P,R,N,D and S, right? when it is in D, there is no speed.. one of my fd has 20km/h when the transmission is in D.

Correct me if I am wrong ....I think what you are trying to say here is when you put the gear stick in Drive 'D' your car doesnt move at all unless you use the accelerator ...... but your friends does upto 20KMPH without using the accelerator????

Welcome to the LOC.

Correct me if I am wrong ....I think what you are trying to say here is when you put the gear stick in Drive 'D' your car doesnt move at all unless you use the accelerator ...... but your friends does upto 20KMPH without using the accelerator????

exactly!!!you get what i am trying to say

Welcome to the LOC.

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

It would also depend whether the car is on level ground or an up hill or down hill incline.

The original posting however is shockingly worded and hence that is not going to help with getting replies.

I'd assumed the thread had been started by some dodgy AI bot and I had therefore resisted the urge to reply.

Clearly you are human after all. :D

You should get the car checked. It might be something as simple as the tickover being set too low or the car being on an incline. On the other hand it could be something more serious, like a problem with the torque converter.

I'd assumed the thread had been started by some dodgy AI bot and I had therefore resisted the urge to reply.

Clearly you are human after all. :D

You should get the car checked. It might be something as simple as the tickover being set too low or the car being on an incline. On the other hand it could be something more serious, like a problem with the torque converter.

+ 1 .. get the car checked ...

Out of curiousity .. is the IS 250 AWD available in the UK??? My understanding was only the RWD was available in the UK...

Ah Ah all has now become clear,car in drive foot off brake and the car will what is refered to as "creep" with no accelerator input.

The speed it reaches depends on the engine tickover speed and the type of transmission so when the engine is cold and the tickover is higher it should reach a higher speed than when warm with a lower tickover.

As for the car it could be an import?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links