Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Little S###t

uzziz

My car was parked in the car park as i was walking towards it i saw a kid scratching it with a key :tsktsk: , i quickly approached the child and his parents 1 metre a way from the kid didnt do nothing.

Only when i ran towards my car she ran.. i clearly saw her do it.

she is on CCTv camera, but shes only 5year old...

can i do anything ... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Unless you got details off the parents you are probly on a hiding to nothing... If you can get the footage off the CCTV that would help. but how are they going to ID even the parents?

What was a five year old doing with a key?

what was she doing unsupervised in a dangerous enviroment ( car park - moving cars = Danger!)

Why was she able to willfully damage your property dispite being under parental supervison

When you say she ran off, you mean the mum don't you? so you never got her details?

I'd napalm the planet and write it off as a bad day.

But then I've had better days, myself...

Loz

Sorry to hear that pal :sad:

Didn't you approach the parents and speak to them! You should have demanded something then. I know I would have... :winky: :whistling:

If the incident is on CCTV then you may be able to claim from petty courts i.e. parents pay for the repair or something like that...

Do something about it...so it was stop the little :tsktsk: rascal doing to other car's esp' LEXUS!!!!!

Good luck...

If the Kids parents are so preocupied that they cant stop their kids tendencies towards criminal damage then they probly shouldn't be parenting anyway.

have them flogged and sent to the dungeons. Then have the kids offending hand chapped off (cleanly and quaterized) then brand them with V for Vagabond on their empty heads.

Or of course you could just put them all in the boot of your car, push it off a cliff into the sea and claim on the insurance for a new one without the key marks...

Loz - tipping a finger on the scales of justice

I know it's border line off topic but how come a kid and mother could outrun you ?

I would have been chasing them all the way home if I had to get the little :tsktsk: 's, could have had the extra benefit off someone seeing you chase a mother and daughter and call the police, the mother must have known she was doing something wrong otherwise she wouldn't have ran....

Sorry to hear about the car though m8...

the mother noticed me and called out to her daughter ,i spoke to the mother she said: She's just a kid (which i understand)

and didn't mean to do it.. i asked her to give me her contact

number and add incase i needed to contact her. (checked it was correct)

She refused to pay towards the cost of the damages...

but can mother be held responsible? I don't think so!.

What ever the case, im left with a scratch :crybaby:

i will try to pursue this further but i don't think i'll get a result

anyone know what polish i can use to remove the scratch?

Thanks all your guidance as been significantly appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear that mate...

You probably can try and recupe the cost of repair through the small claims court, after all, she was present when the kid was scratching your car.. which is vandalism..

Give the CAB a call, they'll be able to give you the best advice of how to proceed..

How bad/deep is the scratch?

What ever the case, im left with a scratch :crybaby:

i will try to pursue this further but i don't think i'll get a result

Don't leave it there...threaten them (not that way :winky: ) legal action and if need be take it up!

Make them understand that they can't get away with it...even if you don't get anything from them...don't give the chance to think they gotaway easy.... :shruriken: :arrrggg-matey:

I would have thought that could easily be a police matter, it was an act of Vandalism full stop. The child was 5 which is under the legal age for prosecution which would push repsonsibility to her parents, as the parent were responsible the police should be able to proscute them.

Is this correct ?

I would have thought that could easily be a police matter, it was an act of Vandalism full stop. The child was 5 which is under the legal age for prosecution which would push repsonsibility to her parents, as the parent were responsible the police should be able to proscute them.

Is this correct ?

I would think and hope so.... :angry:

so uzziz, get onto the police, give them the store details, time of vandal attack on car so they can get the tape, give the number of parent and that should give you a start, that way the police will be in a position to prosecute if situation isn't mutually agreed in the short term.....

funny how many people confuse "justice" with the Law applicable to England and Wales.... :whistling:

now you know where they live, you could of course ask the police to have a word as you wish to make a formal complaint and ask an inspector or above to explain what they can and can't do on your behalf. You will need evidence of reporting it to the police if you are going to small claims court. just to show you have exhausted all other avenues...

Good luck and may the force be with you!

Loz

As I mentioned in my previous post, if you talk to the Citizens Advice Bureo.. they will be able to advise you of the legal matters concerning this incident, and your options for pursuing reccuperation of costs.

They will advise you whether or not to involve the police...

go to the police

get a quote

if the parents get a visit from the police

it may just sway them to paying out a bit

let them know the cost ,if they offer something it will be better than nothing

whats worse seeing someone damaging your car or not seeing them ????

disclaimer :excl: (it can never be proven gov, i never siad it, its the voices you see I can get away from them!)

If the law system dont work use the good old revenge trick...

find their nice new car sitting in the drive way and suddenly develop a regression to your childhood **scratch** :whistling: . Alternatively complain that you have the rarest case of physical turrets ( :huh::angry: :duh: :nuke: :yack: ) and accidently place ur knee hard against the cardoor...

/anger on

if you have noticed such a dent in your car recently, and can remember that you used your door as a battering ram on a black lexus then fair's fair ;-)

/and relax

The damage to a car is repairable, but the "virgin-esque" feel disappears from that once mint exterior.

And back to reality

They should make any action like that, a serious offence no matter the age of the "criminal"

Tried contacting the mother she consistently disconnected her phone on me, obviously trying to avoid me.. will check her address but I think is incorrect……

What a aggravation I’m just going to leave it pointless getting advice (CAB) or pursuing it further as I haven’t got the time to do so.

I wish there was device that shields the cars exterior with a 50+watt of electricity when touched it will send a faint current and in future deter :tsktsk: kids to keep away .

Will just need to polish it ……..

Thanks All

Safe driving

Problem is the type of parents with these children will have an old banger on their drive( sorry i mean on there over grown oil stained lawn )so revenge realy not worth it.I think it is a sign of the times, i know if my kids did this and they would not i would have paid up on the spot .call in dent master or chips away get it fixed and put it down to a bad experience .If you do go down the line of reporting them and going to court etc they will get access to your address and unless the damage comes to hundreds it is More hassle than it is worth .

Tried contacting the mother she consistently disconnected her phone on me, obviously trying to avoid me.. will check her address but I think is incorrect……

What a aggravation I’m just going to leave it pointless getting advice (CAB) or pursuing it further as I haven’t got the time to do so.

I wish there was device that shields the cars exterior with a 50+watt of electricity when touched it will send a faint current and in future deter :tsktsk: kids to keep away .

Will just need to polish it ……..

Thanks All

Safe driving

If you haven't got the time, give the police the numbre etc, they might be able to squeeze you in...

You can't just leave it !

Java Boss is right. and I am sure that 48 hrs after you have posted the number, this thread will never have existed, right steve. And lets face it. You and the LOC can't be implicated in any actions you knew NOTHING about ;)

Let Natural Law take its course....

Loz :zee:

Seeker of truth and justice for all!

...and still pimpin' :offtopic:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links