Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can Anyone Help?

Chelsea-B

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice? I have just drove my car and it has gone into limp mode and isnt firing right. I have just got my Dad to have a look under the bonnet and all the plastic that covers what he thinks is the coil packs has just crumbled away in his hands? Also the bonnet catch has just snapped in his hands where is has got so hot and become brittle. There is a ticking noise coming from the throttle side of the engine ie as your stood looking at the engine its on your right.

If anyone has an idea what this could be i would really appreciate it.

Cheers Chelsea.

Blimey sounds like it got a bit hot under there ask your Dad to check the coolant level and make sure there is some in there as it sounds like the engine has seriously overheaded.

I will ask the moderators to move this topic for you to the IS200 forums where you will get more help

The 1st thing we done was check the coolant level! The water and oil is all fine.. i constantly keep an eye on my temperature gauge and not once has it been above half way so as far as i knew it wasnt over heating? thanks for the replies

• 3 weeks later...

Is the coil pack near the throttle body? Could it be that one of the ht leads are loose/broken causing an arc around that area (extreme heat)? Could be the reason for extreme heat without the engine overheating? Also as you've got a ticking noise near the throttle body, that could be where the leads arcing?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links