Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae 2003 Club Trophies

Steve

It was much more fun watching the dust settle on the cars on the other side of the track, then seeing all of the dusters and shamoises come out. :D

this year it will be ketchup! and beer as opposite is the food stalls and beer tent!

Dont worry guys.. it aint that close!

Before people squeal fix regarding who did/didn't win (I know all good humour not real - but just to clarify) ..... the two judges last year were Phil and Jon from Honda Revolutions. Neither of them EVER use this forum, don't know the people on here ... just fellow car enthusiasts and knowledgeable enough to form reasonable opinions over what is a good & treasured car. B)

Before people squeal fix regarding who did/didn't win (I know all good humour not real - but just to clarify) ..... the two judges last year were Phil and Jon from Honda Revolutions. Neither of them EVER use this forum, don't know the people on here ... just fellow car enthusiasts and knowledgeable enough to form reasonable opinions over what is a good & treasured car. B)

And definitely NO truth in the rumour Sammy tipped them off :D

I wasn't a Moderator last year  :yack:

trophy and made a moderator :P :P :D :D :lol: :)

Baz if I said JAE and spoiler :whistling:

:winky:

im sure all the judges opinions were true and honest and wouldnt like to question their ability in choosing the best cars, it comes as no surprise that chris shipley would be awarded one of the coverted trophys and deservedly so, a fine example he showed last year and no doubt will be showing his latest fine example, and walk away with yet another trophy!! creep creep creep, :blush:

but as for mat, can a machine really be worthy of two trophy`s (bazza thinks what is mat bringing this year mmm tte stickers )well of course !! :D :D

hey steve what you bringing ?? :yawn: :D :D

Lol - there were different categories last year - so quite possible to walk away with more than one prize - we walked away with lots of prizes at JAPs this year ...... and I kept well away while they were judging ..... I wanted to come see - but couldn't get away from my Club duties! :P

I am sure this year though the judging will be harder still as it isn't different categories - it is 1st, 2nd and 3rd - which means decided whether the best stock car is better or worse than the best moddified car, or the best classic car (not actually relevant here as I don't think there are Lexus cars old enough)

Sort of on topic iit's a difficult one as we've had anumber of people over on TOC worried about being on stand with the modified cars as they don't want to be shown up....

It's hard to get accross to new members or those that simply haven't attended a meet before that anyone can enter as a well loved car is easy to see, not just a fact that a load of money has been thrown at it :)

B) Well said!!!

I gave a prize at one show to an old G plate Supra - nothing much had been done to it, it wasn't perfect - but it was gleaming and you could see that time had been spent rather than money, and it was loved!!!

A good judge (IMO) isn't 'just' checking the car - he/she is also checking the owner.......

If the car has just been taken to a company, handed over with a pot of cash and the words "give me a show winner" but the owner hasn't been involved, helped choose what is to be done, got dirty doing some or all the work .... that isn't an enthusiast - it is just someone with lots of money!

When it comes to Club meets - the people matter MORE than the cars. Like minded enthusiasts. It doesn't matter what you are driving if you are an enthusiast! As far as I am concerned, someone driving a rather 'used' Starlet or a TFATF style TT Supra - both are equally welcome on the TOC stand!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk