Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 + Styling Kit = Illegal?

If you cannot have lights that swivel according to steering lock (do they mean left and right or up and down??)

This is what the new RX300 has isn't it - so is that out too?

If you have HID headlights then they must be self leveling and they must have washers. The RX300 has both so there is no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought an IS300 with the styling kit - as my car does not have the washers it needs to have them refitted so Lexus in Hatfield have ordered a kit to do this.

Apparently I am one of the first that will have the washers restored on their car.

For sale at the local Lexus dealer here - IS300 with styling kit, minus headlamp washers! Maybe I should tell 'em?

maybe! you should also tell em to sort out that price! 26.5k with 10,000 miles on the clock? theyre haveing a laugh surely?

true - so you would say that £26,500 for an IS300 with 10,000 miles is fair? I reckon its well steep personally.....

however, getting back on topic, as I said before I am waiting for the headlamp washer kit to be delivered to Lexus Hatfield to restore the washers on the body kit.

I will keep you informed of my progress.....

maybe! you should also tell em to sort out that price! 26.5k with 10,000 miles on the clock? theyre haveing a laugh surely?

Don't forget - us softy sutheners expect to pay thru the nose for everything! :winky:

£375,000 for a 2 bed terraced house in Brighton .... ok, but £2.60 a pint? Now that's robbery! :yack:

I wasn't aware that the UK IS300's came with headlight washers.

All ISs have them in the UK, 200 and 300 models. In fact the whole of the Lexus range have washers in the UK. Any model in Europe with HIDs require them by law.

All ISs have them in the UK, 200 and 300 models. In fact the whole of the Lexus range have washers in the UK. Any model in Europe with HIDs require them by law.
except the IS300 with the styling kit :winky:
Don't forget - us softy sutheners expect to pay thru the nose for everything!
Don't I know it! :angry: The UK is rip off central when it comes to cars....

• 3 weeks later...

At least it's not just Lexus that make this mistake...

"There was panic at BMW, our sources tell us. Its fleet of demonstration M3 CSLs arrived complete with the optional Xenon headlights as ordered, but the factory hadn't fitted lamp washers - without which the ultra-bright units are illegal. Bosses decided it'd be easier to swap back to halogen beams rather than plumb in the washers" - Autoexpress.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
I just bought an IS300 with the styling kit - as my car does not have the washers it needs to have them refitted so Lexus in Hatfield have ordered a kit to do this.

Apparently I am one of the first that will have the washers restored on their car.

and in actual fact im probably one of the last to have the bumper with the headlight washers on their IS300. I just collected my IS300 this morning after they put the bumper on yesterday, along with a service and MOT

:lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links