Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Cutting

Good morning

My key is on its last legs and I need a new one cutting ASAP. I have a blank, empty shell and all I need is the blank cutting - I will move the electronics inside over myself. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Peterborough/Huntingdon area that will cut the blank?

I tried in Timpsons in Sainsbury's in Bretton and they said they cannot do it; I can only assume they didn't hear me say that it was an empty shell or they thought that I was a dodgy character...

Thanks!

Good morning

My key is on its last legs and I need a new one cutting ASAP. I have a blank, empty shell and all I need is the blank cutting - I will move the electronics inside over myself. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Peterborough/Huntingdon area that will cut the blank?

I tried in Timpsons in Sainsbury's in Bretton and they said they cannot do it; I can only assume they didn't hear me say that it was an empty shell or they thought that I was a dodgy character...

Thanks!

Go to a proper locksmith, that's what I did when the shoe bar key cutter type places said they didn't have the equipment.

Cost me six quid, though I did have to take it straight back as it wasn't quite right to turn the ignition, so try to park nearby if you can.

I don't know if you have a local "Mister Minit" nearby but my local one cuts these keys, a complete non electronic one cost me arond £8.00.

Mine also took 2 attempts to work properly so as advised park locally.

Nearest to you is Melton Mowbray

Hi

Thank you for all of the responses, I'm going to give Timpson's in Huntingdon a try - it didn't dawn on me that there is a Sainsbury's here too with a Timpson's in it. If they can't/won't do it, then to a locksmith or further afield it is.

I'll keep you all posted!

If using Timpsons, shop around, as they vary greatly on prices.

I was quoted twenty odd quid and forty odd at two different Timpsons to replace the same watch glass.

I got mine done in my local little cobblers at the indoor market £5 works a treat.

Its one of those flip out key ones from eBay £11 (ish) and althought its reletively cheaply made its ok, it just needed a bit of foam packing underneath the the internals to keep the buttons pushed up firm and prevent them moving around.

Oh I'd also recommend a steak and stilton pie from the butchers on the corner (near wilkos) in Huntingdon, They're the best I've had.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links