Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am goint to visit my proposed LPG converter and was trying to decide wether to fil a cylinder tank behind the seats or do away with the spare wheel and fit one in the well.

What are the thoughts for those that have allready converted.

I was thinking about this, having had both installations in the past, though not on Lexus.

For me, using the spare wheel well leaves you the choice of carrying your spare, or leaving it out if you need all of the boot space, after all, many cars now run with repair kits or spacesavers as standard.

A fixed tank, obviously, leaves you no choice, though in it's favour usually offers greater capacity, meaning less fill ups.

This is what the filler on my 400 looks like. out of the way and easy to use.

Please dont shoot me down in flames but when I asked about having a filler fitted there on another car I was told that it was illegal It may have changed since yours was fitted. Something to do that its to near the road surface.

Mike.

It is too low for current legislation and any new installation has to comply with a minimum height specified in the new regs. It's an MOT failure if it doesn't comply. Pre legislation installations are ok.

I have a wheel well 90 litre tank whch suits me better. Had a cylinder tank on my Scorpios but would have preferred the wheel weel tank on them as well.

Tc

I have been to see the fitter this lunch time. They are going to fit the tank in the spare well and fit a small filler behing the petrol filling cap with an adaptor for filling.

Should look neat. Just waiting for them to come back to me with a suitable date.

This is what the filler on my 400 looks like. out of the way and easy to use.

Norman, do you mind me asking, what do you get to the gallon running on LPG?

I am thinking of gassing mine (93 LS) or buying another LS and having it gassed but it has to stack up financially.

I was thinking about this, having had both installations in the past, though not on Lexus.

For me, using the spare wheel well leaves you the choice of carrying your spare, or leaving it out if you need all of the boot space, after all, many cars now run with repair kits or spacesavers as standard.

A fixed tank, obviously, leaves you no choice, though in it's favour usually offers greater capacity, meaning less fill ups.

I've gone for a spare wheel well tank for the same reason. It still gives you all the boot space if you need it, but for 99% of the time I carry the spare in the boot.

John N

My shabby old Mk4 came with a spare wheel tank, Stefanelli, no paperwork, spare wheel sits in the boot. I can never get more than 60 litres in it so at 16-18 mpg around town I generally need to fill up after around 220 miles. Plenty of boot space for normal stuff and managed to get the whole family and luggage down to Cornwall, only problem is the fairly regular filling up, which means having to plan on finding an LPG garage on long journeys. Get 25-26 mpg on long journeys. Nick.

M

My shabby old Mk4 came with a spare wheel tank, Stefanelli, no paperwork, spare wheel sits in the boot. I can never get more than 60 litres in it so at 16-18 mpg around town I generally need to fill up after around 220 miles. Plenty of boot space for normal stuff and managed to get the whole family and luggage down to Cornwall, only problem is the fairly regular filling up, which means having to plan on finding an LPG garage on long journeys. Get 25-26 mpg on long journeys. Nick.

y

My guess is you have a doughnut tank I have a round tank in the spare wheel space which dosen't have a hole in the middle and its

80 litres so I get around 73 litres in which gives me around 350+ miles depending the sort of journeys I do before my next fillup. Might be worth looking for a used one and change them over.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links