Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Gs250/450H Launch At Lexus Derby

Just returned from the new GS launch and below are the exclusive pictures taken by my good self.

Drank the champayne,ate the food but didn't buy one!

There are only 6 examples in the UK all of which are for some strange reason LHD bearing in mind the Japanese drive on the same side of the road as the UK and the model was the standard GS250.

Finally the cover is removed

DSCF0308.jpg

Plenty of interest.

DSCF0310.jpg

LCD display apparently over 12"!

DSCF0318.jpg

Usual engine cover

DSCF0320.jpg

I am going to my local dealership tonight for there official launch.

I believe they are all LHD in this country as no RHD cars have been exported into this country yet and the one’s Lexus are using for there launch advents have been brought in from Belgium, I suppose acquiring just a few from Japan would have been a little expensive

What I don’t understand is that I have ordered one, and was told delivery would be around mid June, as of yet I have not been given a confirmed delivery date, but yesterday received a email inviting me to book a test drive in one from June onwards, so it looks like there wont be any RHD demonstration cars in till then.

That's what we were told last night, no RHD models available until June 2012 but didn't mention if all the range was available at this time.

They were taking bookings on test drives but no dates were given.

BTW Lexus Derby had a "Crack the Code" competition for a £350.00 bottle of bubbly, I doubt the code will be the same (3936) but if they have the same at your dealer may be worth a try!!!!.

The colour of the car in your photos is it the “ Mercury Grey”

What’s it like ?

I was hopeing that the car tonight would be that colour, as that’s the colour I have ordered but haven’t seen it in the flesh yet.

The one on display I think is the Sonic Silver the Mercury grey is a lot darker.

Black must be the in colour with a choice of 3 types of "black"

Which model are you buying the 250 or 450H?

The LCD screen is impressive it feels you are in an imax cinema looking from the passenger side!

Sound system is excellent,there is a Mark Levinson option available also.

They went on about the clock with the mount being made from a billet but it sticks out like a sore thumb to me with the impression of an aircraft altimeter!

The top model has LED headlights also.

I prefer the look of the sports model front end.

The display model had no sunroof but I don't know if UK spec models have this feature.

The boot is certainly bigger they got 4 sets of golf clubs in there!

Enjoy tonight and don't forget to try that code.

Thanks for the info

I have ordered the 450h f sport, red interior, with sunroof and upgraded sound system.

As you I am not sure about the clock, will have a better idea once I have seen it in the flesh.

You cant get the LED headlights on the f sport

Ill try the code and if I win ill send you the cork. lol :lol:

The one on display I think is the Sonic Silver the Mercury grey is a lot darker.

The LCD screen is impressive it feels you are in an imax cinema looking from the passenger side!

They went on about the clock with the mount being made from a billet but it sticks out like a sore thumb to me with the impression of an aircraft altimeter!

The display model had no sunroof but I don't know if UK spec models have this feature.

Well Steve they did not have a draw with a code, but they did ask you to fill out a entry form for a draw, first prize was a bottle of Dom Ruinart 2002 mit Champaign in a box by Maarten Baas. And your never guess who won it. Lol, I couldn’t believe it

Well Steve they did not have a draw with a code, but they did ask you to fill out a entry form for a draw, first prize was a bottle of Dom Ruinart 2002 mit Champaign in a box by Maarten Baas. And your never guess who won it. Lol, I couldn’t believe it

That's amazing, I pass on a tip and in a round about way you won, not bad considering it is the 13th today and I was born on Friday the 13th!!! spooky.

BTW please sent the cork to............... :lol:

Finally pushing it here but which horse do I put my tenner on in the national then?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links