Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

35Mm Or 40Mm Drop?

Yeah i took a look at those! Also saw some cobra ones: http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=254259

And these Apex ones: http://www.ctc-performance.co.uk/Parts-Lexus-Lexus-IS200-Suspension/IS200_Apex_Lowering_Springs/

But the apex ones are a little vague on how much the drop is? Used Eibach before but i really would prefer a 40mm drop if i could find some decent springs...

Found some Apex springs which say they give a drop of 35mm all round for £100. Anyone has any experience with these before at all? I can't seem to find any decent 40mm drop springs which is a shame...

APEX - £110 (40mm drop)

Ventura - £135 (40mm drop)

GMax - £110 (40mm drop)

Tein - £170 (35mmfront & 23mm rear drop)

I would say avoid Apex, only because someone has told me to avoid them. Just passing on the advice

Ive just had a look at the tein ones, does anyone know why the fronts drop 35mm but the rears only 23mm? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43a58f9133

im not sure why they have done this. If you have a sport they are 15mm lower than the S and SE. So you would only be getting a 20mm front and 8mm rear drop.

Best bet is coilovers if you have got the money, but if I were to by springs I would look for 40mm springs for more of a noticeable drop because I have the sport.

It does seem ridiculous that the tein ones only have a 23mm rear drop.. Otherwise i would probably go for the tein springs. How about the Ventura springs never heard of them before? There must be something else with a 40mm drop surely thats a decent make.

I did think it might be an issue Lance its just if i should take the risk or not. I could live with a 35mm drop i guess just need to find some that would give me 35mm front and rear, unlike the tein..

Get paid on Friday so want to try and make a descision by then haha :D

it depends on your car... the lowering springs are all based on the Sport versions not the SE or S versions meaning that the car will drop so many mm compared to the springs on the Sport version.

Needless to say is that if you go for the 40 mm drop you'll have to look at the ride height of the Sport version and then 40 mm lower.

Now we all know that the SE and S version or very high compared to the Sport version. so a 40 MM drop will be on a SE or S version more likely to be 55 mm to 60 mm drop ;)

Hi everyone, I have the 2000 year is200 sport, and from what ive heard on here the sport up to 2002 did NOT have the 15mm drop?? is this true?? because mine dose not look like it has so if i was to buy 40mm lowering springs i will realy be getting 55-60mm?

Thanks.

Lewis.

Lewis are you sure you have a sport? the 1 thing that all sport versions have in common is the fact that they had tinted rear windows... and yours clearly doesn't have that. So it is more likely you have a SE also you could check your vin because al Sport editions have an LSD diff. SE and S versions don't have them. But the vin will tell you exactly what version you have ( mine is called a sport on the car papers but it is a SE according to the vin) you can find the vin on the firewall in the engine compartment left of the engine IF it has the letter B in it then you can be sure you have a Sport ;)

and than it should be on the 15mm lower springs ;)

Cheers for the info, ill have a look when i get home an let u no. Im sure i have the sport because i do have tinted back windows which is not film but tinted glass, aslo i have sport stickers on the rear side windows. I was told before 2002 or 2003 (cant remember) the sports did not have a 15mm drop and the newer ones did, also a different spoiler with rear brake light on the newer versions rather than on the back window.

Thanks again.

Lewis

Wish i had a sport :( Only got the se. LSD would be fun.

Are you lowering yours too Lewis?

Ive decided on 35mm springs just trying to pick which ones. Found some Cobra 35mm springs too does anyone have any experience with these at all?

After looking around and reading reviews i think im going to have to go for the Apex springs, seem the best value for money and have better reviews than the rest of the 'budget' springs. Will probably order them on Friday and keep you all updated on progress/how the springs are!

Apex are crap. They sag and break. Buy Eibach springs. They give a consistent 35mm drop all round and do not affect ride quality. Back in the day Eibach springs were sold by Toyota as TTE springs.

Well I do not how you can say there cheep considering there twice the price of oem springs, yeh fair enough there no way the most expensive but come on.... And you say you have never used them before.

I've never used them and wouldn't use them. Considering they are half the price of known reputable brands speaks volumes to me. In my experience you get what you pay for buying the cheap stuff is usually a false economy as after a year those springs will be sagging and you'll spend even more money getting them replaced with a decent brand.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links