Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Adding Brown Bread

Be careful if you add Brown Bread (or any other sound deadening material) to your car. Started to do the boot today, first roll did without gloves and have 11 aliminium cuts (like paper cuts but more painful)! Done 6 rolls now, very, very hard work, takes ages and its really hard to get in to all the places. I've no idea how do the bit on the left side between the outside body panel and inside.

there is also little point doing 2 layers...the purpose of these sound deadening products is to stop oscilation of straight panels, the sheets absorb the movement, 2 sheets really wont make much difference

Be careful if you add Brown Bread (or any other sound deadening material) to your car. Started to do the boot today, first roll did without gloves and have 11 aliminium cuts (like paper cuts but more painful)! Done 6 rolls now, very, very hard work, takes ages and its really hard to get in to all the places. I've no idea how do the bit on the left side between the outside body panel and inside.

Simply answer....get someone else to do it, ;) ,, i just got mu fron doors done at Oxford Audio..

Spot on Fargo, I had mine whole install done there, in fact it's going back for more, they took 2 days just to add the sound deadening to the car, it appears to be everywhere, I had brown bread then dynamat extreme over the top of it!! rolls and rolls of the stuff, every bit of the car appears to be done, and I can deffinitely say that there are NO reverberations on the car anywhere.

Si

Simply answer....get someone else to do it, ;) ,, i just got mu fron doors done at Oxford Audio..

can't make the time to get it done professionally (use the car every day for getting to / from work and really busy at the moment so don't have the time to take it to oxford). going to carry on doing a bit every day.

Spot on Fargo, I had mine whole install done there, in fact it's going back for more, they took 2 days just to add the sound deadening to the car, it appears to be everywhere, I had brown bread then dynamat extreme over the top of it!! rolls and rolls of the stuff, every bit of the car appears to be done, and I can deffinitely say that there are NO reverberations on the car anywhere.

Si

Beginning to look like my 15 rolls is not enough (maybe just do the boot), I've got some dynamat spray too. I think I'll order some dynamat to go over the top so I'll have brown bread then spray to make it flat, then dynamat on the top to make it look nice. I'll try brown bread and spray for now and then see how it goes.

Wish i could change the AudioBahn kit for something else (bit of a mistake buying it I think) but will stick with it for now.

Wish i could change the AudioBahn kit for something else (bit of a mistake buying it I think) but will stick with it for now.

Why the regret over the AudioBahn kit Kieran?

don't think its really up to the quality of the other bits of kit waiting to be fitted. will see once its all fitted but i won't be changing it for a while anyway

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links