Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is Admired They Had To Break Something!

Hi Guys,

cant beleive this...some d***k head couldnt resist admiring my 10year old Lexus they had to break the driver side wing mirror !! Guys, after 12 years since IS release these cars are still admired.. not sure what they wanted to achieve. strange thing was both mirrors were closed using the electric close button on the door panel which tells me it was done delibrately!! Anyway after running to both Asda and Halfords and buying two different brands of adhesive glue to try and patch it back up has been unsuccesful so I guess I will need a replacement.

I do recall some one posting how to remove the wing mirror from the door but cant seem to find the post..will someone be kind and send me the link on how to do this. Thanks guys

Cheers Pete

Gutted for you mate. Bunch of w****rs

Tell me bout it mate looks like thier design hasnt aged in 12years so attracts unwanted attention...at least i was lucky it wasnt keyed as well... might have to find an alternative parking spot .

sorry for the bad luck but no IS is going to look like a 61 plate car lol

dont hate mikey :-) ....looks the part after having it machine polished from head to toe and had aero alloys refurshised! only hassle now is finding a spare part from the breakers..Lexus quoted me £437 just for the part I had to do a U turn...

What a bunch of W*nkers mate!

Exact same thing happened to mine when I lived in Bristol a couple of years ago. Mine was completely ripped off and they seem to have nicked it. I also went to Lexus and got quoted £410!

I went to a breakers who had 2 IS200 write offs both in Platinum Ice (seems to be the most popular colour and the colour of mine so it matched) Paid £35 for it, the full unit with all the wires etc. Took it to an auto electrician £50 to fit it while I waited, took him about an hour and half. Good as new, heater works and folding works. Could try that route, more hassel but saves money.

Good luck sorting it.

Yeah it seems to be something that can happen... mine had suffered the same vandalism. Went to the scrappy and got the NS mirror complete with everything and cost me 30 quid and had it on within 15 minutes ( as i already knew how to take it of) only thing was I had to spray mine as it's a Kensington Green IS200. I sprayed the mirror housing cap first and no-one can see the difference as I used enough layers of colour ( 3 layers) and to match up the gloss I had to apply 3 layers of lacquer.

Just be glad they didn't kick in your window to as they did mine ( I left my car with the mirrors open and will never do that again)

Cheers guys..hopefully can source one soon. will any of you know if i can fit IS200' wing on the 300? am guessinig it should be a straight swap but i know 300's have chromic (auto dimming) feature where as is200's dont so not sure if it will be compatible..

it shouldn't be a problem (housing is the same size). it will have 2 extra wires so just match the colours up, you'll lose the auto dimming function unless you transfer the wiring to the new mirror ( that is if the mirror glass survived the attack) the housing is what you are after then and you can transfer the wires out the old one if they are still alive ;)

it shouldn't be a problem (housing is the same size). it will have 2 extra wires so just match the colours up, you'll lose the auto dimming function unless you transfer the wiring to the new mirror ( that is if the mirror glass survived the attack) the housing is what you are after then and you can transfer the wires out the old one if they are still alive ;)

You are a star North i owe you a beer thats if we all decide to meet oneday !! will pick one up from eBay as I have seen a few IS's being broken for parts/spares.. I dont really need the auto dim feature so long as the electrics will still work am cool with it!! mirror glass did suvive the abuse tho!! Thanks

Thanks Maneesh, i managed to arrange with a breaker based in Birmingham for saturday and he recons IS200 will fit perfectly but i will loose the auto dimming feature as IS200's didnt have this so will be going to see him tomorrow and hopefully will have a new wing. i talked him down to £25 which he might fit for free!! he only breaks Lexus's so will see if he has good stock and update you guys on what he has available if you ever need spare parts.

Is this any good to you?

http://www.ebay.co.u...0f#ht_730wt_956

Sorry missed half the posts so you seem to have sorted it, the link below is a guy in Birmingham who is breaking one if you don't get the other one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lexus-is200-altezza-is300-wheel-nut-breaking-sat-nav-model-GENUINE-TRD-BODY-KIT-/270998915878?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f18cb4b26#ht_500wt_1204

Sorry missed half the posts so you seem to have sorted it, the link below is a guy in Birmingham who is breaking one if you don't get the other one.

http://www.ebay.co.u...6#ht_500wt_1204

am having the wing of that Altezza tomorrow :D yep thats the guy from birmingham!!

update: all sorted guys cost me £40 which is 100 times cheaper if i went for a new one from Lexus dealer tho IS200 will not fit a 300 because the connectors from the mirror on the 200 is larger than the ones on 300 luckly he had a spare green wing from a 300 so we swaped the back casing from green to mine(silver) and within 15 mins i was on the road. he only breaks lexus IS's and had about 6 of the cars being broken so if you need any thing he mite be able to sort you out and knows his way round the IS aswell. not sure if am allowed to post his number on here?? hes happy for me to pass it on....

what type of is300 do you have? don't tell me it is the one without a boot... if so sorry my mistake as the saloon is exactly the same as an is200.

No problem North I have the saloon the mirror, case and everything is the same as IS200 only the white female connector which links to the male on the door was bigger for IS200's . 300's seems slightly smaller but all sorted now so am happy thanks all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links