Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Front Bumper

I am going to be replacing the front bumper in a couple of weeks - a new one is currently in the spray shop getting a re-spray. Would anyone know how to remove a front bumper (step by step) or point me to a forum topic on how to do it?

Also - while i have the bumper off is there anything i should look at while it is off to check out / clean etc - i will be going over the headlight washers but i think that will be it ...?

it is fairly simple ... just undo the front inner wings arches (pinned with plastic fake screws clips

Then remove all the nuts under the bumper. Remove the grill ... a couplle of plastic fake screws on either side of the lights (visible once you open the bonnet). And then you just pull the bumper slowly... make sure you do not drop it.

• 4 weeks later...

Changed the bumper on car on Friday night from stock to a TTE one and although i have not done a bumper before i cant believe how easy it was - took just under an hour and most of this time was taken in taking the lights / washers out and refixing to new bumper.

A very easy job!

Lucky sod - I'd really love to get my hands on a pair (front and rear) TTE bumpers for my Sport! Those, in conjunction with the 18" rims, make for the perfect IS for me!

2yjya6e.png

How awesome does that look?!?!

So much so, I was seriously contemplating, at only a week after buying mine, of buying another I found, that had the TTE kit and 18's, just to swap the bumpers, rims and grille over, then sell it on...

How much did you pay for the TTE bumper, if you don't mind my asking?

Are there different styles of the TTE bumper ? - mine is different from the one in the picture - I will post a pic of the car next week when the car is all cleaned up and the suns out!! That cars identical to mine apart from the grille which i am on the look out for -

I bought the bumper for an astounding 99p, yes 99p from eBay at the end of last year from someone who was moving house and wanted the garage cleared - i dont think he knew what he was selling as he himself had had it kicking around in his garage for a while he said until he sold the car and did not need the bumper anymore. The Aero alloys i also found on eBay and these were in a hell of a state but i spent a lot of time on them and refurbed them myself and they came out brilliant.

the car in the pic above has the tte bumper on the grille is part of the bumper so you can only change the mesh on it really, does yours look like the one on the little display avatar of matt-c by any chance? as that one (like the standard one) can have the grille changed, however, unlike the standard one, if yours is like Matt-c's avatar pic (Legana bumper) they are rare as hens teeth and sell for silly money

Hi Rory

Sorry - got my letters mixed up - the bumper and rear skirt on mine is a TRD style

yes it does look more like the avatar but with a flatter bottom to it and less of an eyebrow over the spotlight which is a full light and not a round one - it has TRD on the inner bumper in raised plastic letters with serial or part numbers also which has LED me to believe it is a TRD, it also has a TRD badge inset into the front bottom of the bumper.

I had thought about what make it was in the past as it looks different to what other people have here. I also have a set of TRD skirts that i am debating whether to fit as with the front bumper and the rear skirt on it it looks good without the skirts on. I believe these are a right b#*ch to fit? I have just got TTE and TRD wording mixed up in the post.

I will post a picture when i get one

Hi Rory

Sorry - got my letters mixed up - the bumper and rear skirt on mine is a TRD style

yes it does look more like the avatar but with a flatter bottom to it and less of an eyebrow over the spotlight which is a full light and not a round one - it has TRD on the inner bumper in raised plastic letters with serial or part numbers also which has led me to believe it is a TRD, it also has a TRD badge inset into the front bottom of the bumper.

I had thought about what make it was in the past as it looks different to what other people have here. I also have a set of TRD skirts that i am debating whether to fit as with the front bumper and the rear skirt on it it looks good without the skirts on. I believe these are a right b#*ch to fit? I have just got TTE and TRD wording mixed up in the post.

I will post a picture when i get one

so have you got a front lip for the existing bumper rather than a full bumper?

The bumper is below - i will get a better picture at the weekend - it's stamped TRD on the inner side with a serial or model number alongside and there is an inset badge on the front underside passenger side of the bumper marked as TRD. This is a full bumper although it does look like there is a front lip on it - i cant see a join so initially when i first got it could not tell what make it really was but need to go by the stamp which is in raised letters on the inner side. Also the bumper is plastic and not fibreglass. There is also a rear TRD skirt on the car which i will post up at the weekend which i believe to be a TRD one? - would be nice to know what make these actually are if anyone has the same.

ce6ba5b4.jpg?t=1345582653

The bumper is the standard IS bumper; the "lip" is the lower part, which is the TRD item. I'm guessing you bought the bumper with the lip already attached? Same with the rear; the TRD lip fits onto the standard bumper (there are a set of side skirts to go with these two items also)

Definitely change the grille to the "Sports" grille (like in this pic - http://i50.tinypic.com/2rxelxw.jpg) as it really sets it off IMO

Hi Matt

I like the look of these grille's and am currently looking for one. No luck yet but will keep looking - they come up quite often on eBay. I need to sort out a "wheel squeel" first though thats driving me up the wall a bit now.

Someone posted the link in my wanted thread for Lexus Birmingham's eBay listing - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180926750899?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1144

I don't know your colour (or code) but contact them to see if they have one already in your colour, alternatively, they can supply a black one and paint it for you

Someone posted the link in my wanted thread for Lexus Birmingham's ebay listing - http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1144

I don't know your colour (or code) but contact them to see if they have one already in your colour, alternatively, they can supply a black one and paint it for you

yes, the Lexus birmingham will get you anything on request or best if you have the serial number for the item you want. bought a few thing from them and the sale lady person Jo very helpful. drop her a mail and will give you a quick answer respond on product but not technical issue :shifty:

You look for one for months and months then it rains grilles -

bought one today from eBay for £25 ! - its genuine lexus sports grille but blue so will have the option to paint or maybe try a wrap on it? Lex Birm wanted £120 for the same grille in the cars colour

Theres also a very nice set of TTE Chicane alloys and bumpers on there now - the alloys are spotless - item number 320968727902 - not mine but i wish they were !!!!

Ha, I know! The day I got the car I spotted the Sports grille, in my colour, on eBay for £30 and didn't buy it - mistake! Likewise, only a few days after I spotted this;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item1c29e792f7&item=120962126583&nma=true&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&rt=nc&si=c5iWojM4iHOCySwWXoF0BaQRIEM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1144

Kicking myself for not buying it! Now I can't find one for love nor money!

agreed its a standard bumper with the lip added to it, however the "eyebrow" above the fogs is custom, previous owner has "padded" them out by the looks of it, looks a little more agressive i think, the TTE wheels u mentioned above are a member on here, bash6673, they are a bargain at £400 for the set, i'm well shocked they haven't gone yet

That's quite a nice looking front end! Not for me though - personally, I feel it looks better on a "modded" car, rather than a stock looking car...

I'm still toying between doing a TRD lip + grille combo, or a TTE front bumper...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links