Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Polished And Waxed And Ready For Tomorrow's Detailing Course

What a pretty SportCross!I don't think you really need to go on a detailing course, that looks immaculate. Are your front and rear lights aftermarket items or the originals with a bit of customising? That's the only thing I dislike my SportCross, the rear "Lexus" lights, haha!

What a pretty SportCross!I don't think you really need to go on a detailing course, that looks immaculate. Are your front and rear lights aftermarket items or the originals with a bit of customising? That's the only thing I dislike my SportCross, the rear "Lexus" lights, haha!

Thank you ... but nothing wrong with perfecting and adding knowledge to what I already know lol :) :)

The whole car is box standard.

I have put some perforated vinyl film on my front lights and fogs to make them slighly darker... brightness is about 5% to 10% less with the factory HID lights but it does not annoy me.

Also installed some Halo rings on the front lights, I think they can be seen in the pics.

The rear lights are box standard, however I think they might have a slight tinted chrome in them?? I am not sure what years had them, mine is a 2002 model.

And last of the exterior mods ... is the carbon fibre wrap of the rear wiper ... experimenting lol.

As for inside the engine I have a K&N Typhoon induction kit and nothing else for the time being.

Interior I have installed a Double DIN Pioneer headunit.

Ordered and waiting for delivery sometime in September have to come as special order from USA, if anyone orders at least Eibach will have the code in the system from now on as I made the first UK order haha.

Eibach SportLine springs all around will lower the car by 1.4"

To Do List is:

Take off alloys and refurb them paint them gun metal light grey metallic with loads of coats of laquer.

Once on the car add some spacers to push the wheels a bit out and look more agressive in comnbination with the lowering.

2 Amps and maybe 2 Subs will kind of fit the each side of the boot inside each rear wing.

And some uprated speakers in the existing places.

CatBack whole exhaust system, maybe with two single tail pipes on each side of the car.

A single turbo kit with a piggy back ECU.

A body kit if I am able to find anything....

How did the course go????

It was great ... loads of info to take in ... so camera was out recording advice so I can go back to it if I forget something hehehe.

It just makes you realise that every person does it different and also that what ever you see on YouTube is not always the most effectve or 100% correct way of doing things.

Was there at 9:30 and finished at 19:30!!! lol so you get an idea!

Next day I have repolished my shot bonnet ... and managed to hide the paint problems better and applied two coats of Zaino Z2 Pro Sealant with 12 hours between coats!! This stuff is amazing!!!

Loads if gloss, depth and after driving through some prety rough motorway storms the car is still clean!! lol

Here is the thread with some pics http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=74110&hl=

I just removed the lights, applied heat to soften the silicon and seperated slowly slowly the front plastic lens from the body you have to undo some clips which are in obvious places. While pulling apart you need to keep on heating with a hairdrier or something.

Not the easiest thing I know .... it took me the whole evening to do both lights, but it was well worth it I think.

It was great ... loads of info to take in ... so camera was out recording advice so I can go back to it if I forget something hehehe.

It just makes you realise that every person does it different and also that what ever you see on YouTube is not always the most effectve or 100% correct way of doing things.

Next day I have repolished my shot bonnet ... and managed to hide the paint problems better and applied two coats of Zaino Z2 Pro Sealant with 12 hours between coats!! This stuff is amazing!!!

Loads if gloss, depth and after driving through some prety rough motorway storms the car is still clean!! lol

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Have you put a post up on DW? Where did you get those halo lights from? Soooo tempted to do that, it looks awesome!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Have you put a post up on DW? Where did you get those halo lights from? Soooo tempted to do that, it looks awesome!

I bought them from this person and cannot fault them from a customer service point of view as they replaced my broken one with in a couple of days. As I found out they are quite fragile so they don't like to be pushed about lol.

It seems they are not selling them anymore... but you might get a different answer if you contact them.

Had mine installed almost a year now and work flawlessly.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160372327414&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I have not posted anything in DW yet.... will do once I get the pics lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links