Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are Ls 400 Parts Cheaper In Us Than Uk ?

It would seem a lot are but postage is variable to the point that savings can be negated somewhat.

Pete

Don't forget you could be stuck with Import Duty fees as well on everything that includes the packing any admin charges etc

Mike

Rock Auto is a great place to purchase parts from the US, good prices and choice between genuine and pattern parts.

You can pre-pay the duty so you know exactly what the total cost will be and you don't then get charged a 'handling' fee.

Hi, Im wondering if the parts for the ls 400 are cheaper to buy including p&p in the usa than over here im thinking mainly of suspension parts ??

The cost of lexus parts from a dealership are about the same as here in general because the Lexus franchise charges uniform prices worldwide, there are online suppliers who can cut the cost, the big savings come from the aftermarket boys of whom there are a lot in the USA but quality of the stuff needs close scrutiny.

The traps come when the vat and postage handling for HRMC come in and can send the figure past what you would pay here.

If you know anyone who holidays in the US if the part will fit in a suitcase get them to bring it back .

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what these guys are like but some of their stuff looks like stuff from rock auto and they seem ok. I wonder if any anyone has used them in the past. It would be great if we had a list of good suppliers we could confidently use.

Item number on fleabay 290639102536

Hope it helps.

They look good. I've just ordered a front wishbone from Rock Autos, £190 inc taxes delivered so this place looks better value and a bit quicker too. I just couldn't stomach the £400 +vat Lexus wanted. Even with club discount these are much cheaper. I'll report on the quality when it arrives.

A list of trusted suppliers would be a good idea. Could one be set up as a sticky thread?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links