Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not as in are you well.........but more a topic to discuss any foibles, or a quide to see if there are ways of doing things.

So here's the first:

Does anyone know how to set the door locks so that they lock automatically when you drive off (i.e. when you get to a certain speed)? I've been through the manual, nothing, the dealership, zippo....I've done a google search and there are ways of doing this yourself on the IS and RX by switching ignition "on", then placing the gear selector into N, then holding the door lock button for 5 secs. I have tried that and it doesn't work.

When I bought the car, the salesman did state that it was user programmable, but alas the manual doesn't even mention it, though you can use the Remote touch to customise whether just the drivers lock opens, etc etc.

So anyone found out how to it, or even if it's possible?

Other than that I am loving this car. Having tested everything in the price range, and accepting that it will be dearer to run over 5 years (Servicing costs, economy, depreciation etc), moving away from the common germans was so far the best move ever....and that's considering I fell out with the IS220d which was a bit of a dog....I am one happy Lexus customer....

Hi

Go in to

SETUP

VEHICLE

VECHILE CUSTOMIZATION

DOOR LOCK SETTINSS

There you have the option for various settings

I have mine to lock all doors when the car moves off and all doors unlock when put it into PARK.

Interesting.....I've been through that a dozen times and may be I'm going mad AND blind but I cannot see an option to lock doors on move off...which particular option is it that needs ticking? Sorry to bovver....

I have set it to unlock when in P no problems

Hi

No your not going mad or blind I cant find it either, I just assumed that the doors locked automatically when the car started to move, mine somehow must have been set to do that as I haven’t as far as I no touched anything.

If you go to “ door lock settings “ I have mine set as :-

Every setting is set to ON except for:-

Unlock on second key turn….OFF

Remote 2-press unlock……...OFF

Select doors to unlock………DRIVERS DOOR

Try and adjust yours to the same setting and see what happens, if that doesn’t work then I am not sure what to suggest as I have also had a look through the manual and cant find any thing about doors locking on moving off.

I shall put up this topic at another forum I visit and see what answers I get.

Are you sure it's not a dealer set option?

I know the 3GS had a list of options that things could be set to/deactivated, all done via TechStream software Toyota/Lexus uses.

Hi

Had a word with our USA friends a managed to get a copy of there manual, as you can see they have this option,and the default setting is set for OFF. this section is missing from our manual, you wouldn’t believe how option settings vary between different countries, still doesn’t explain how my car locks on moving away. If I get any other answers from the US I will let you no.

254300d1343763193-automatic-doors-locking-on-moving-off-auto-lock-settings.jpg

Still waiting for an answer from my dealership on the old door locking at speed, but I do have another question.

Has anyone tried to use the "Connected Services" so that I can use the portal (I have registered) to download memory points to the Satnav? I have an Orange mobile phone and even Orange do not appear to have the information I need....The drop down list in the car does have T-Mobile but it failed.

Well - dealership have tried hooking up the new GS to their diagnostic computer system to see if they can code the Auto Locking at Speed and guess what? They Cannot!

Oh dear - I wonder if there is a good reason for this omission - considering it is the ONLY model not to have it. Bit of a shame but not the end of the earth!

Still waiting for an answer from my dealership on the old door locking at speed, but I do have another question.

Has anyone tried to use the "Connected Services" so that I can use the portal (I have registered) to download memory points to the Satnav? I have an Orange mobile phone and even Orange do not appear to have the information I need....The drop down list in the car does have T-Mobile but it failed.

Orange is knackered at the moment. It doesn't work with the Lexus services. Lexus are aware of this (as are Orange) and alledgedly they are working on a fix. Don't hold your breath though. Probably easier and more reliable to get yourself on a different network. (The other networks are fine)

Seems like it Mr Editor....

I have now found 2 things that are missing on the new GS - so far!!!!!!! lol

1) Autolocking of doors at speed

2) The ability to set up the sat nav so that when you are handsfree on the mobile it automatically mutes the nav - unless someone knows how to do that....on my 5 series it was simple - 2 clicks. Here you have to go to 3 menus to mute it

Both of these are minor things though - the smoothness and refinement are almost from the class above. The only noise in the car when driven gently is from the road - and even then it's only because the rest of it is whisper quiet.

I still haven't revved it to 4500rpm to see what max torque feels like (254NM), but coming from a diesel I find I have had to change my driving style pretty significantly as there is so little torque. To make rapid prgress and stay below 4000RPM while running in is a challenge, but a smooth and eeryily quiet one!! No complaints though - it's brilliant!

The other good thing is the cooling function of the seat - on my old Gen2 IS it only cooled the squab. This cools both the squab and the backrest. Also the seats are so much better than the IS or the old GS - in the IS you felt as if you were sitting on a metal bar at times - this is brilliantly padded.

The car handles much better than Whatcar will have you believe. It's no 5 series, but it's better than the E class and only slightly behind the A6, though not as firm.

And that's the interesting thing - Whatcar award this car 2 stars out of 5? They must be joking. the only thing this car doesn't too well is the emissions thing. Otherwise I seriously cannot fault it - and I am no Lexus fanatic!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links