Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dentistry In Turkey

steve2006

Going there on holiday and other half needs a filling replacing, have ben doing some research and the prices there are a lot cheaper but has anyone done this and can provide a personal recommendation in the Fethiye area?

I've heard of lots of people getting their teeth done in eastern Europe as its half the price and dentistry standards are claimed to be higher than the UK but never heard of Turkey.

I don't see why their dentistry standards shouldn't be up to the rest of Europe so if it's a lot cheaper go for it :)

I had 2 root canals done in Malta as it was the price of having 1 done here privately and we were going there on holiday. Did a great job, 4 years on no trouble.

No seriously the prices are like 30% of what we pay for private treatment in the UK and from what I have read the quality is far superior to NHS treatment.

A composite white filling comes in around £30.00.

The surguries are spotless and you even have to put the disposible plastic covers on your shoes before entering the treatment room.

Glad you like her :blink: .

To be serious, there was a program on a few years back regarding tooth implants, which I was considering at the time, in eastern europe.

Most were happy as I recall, though a few had problems, which negated any savings made.

The point was made then, as above, about facilities being better than UK.

Sadly most of my dentistry is now done by post.

Here you go Steve there is actually a forum topic with 4 pages discussing good/recommended dentists in Fethiye :D This internet business is blinkin' amazing (or rather what people discuss :lol: )

Here you go Steve there is actually a forum topic with 4 pages discussing good/recommended dentists in Fethiye :D This internet business is blinkin' amazing (or rather what people discuss :lol: )

Thanks Janey, that's where I initially looked for information and gave me the idea, one of the postings was quite amusing when some one said "make sure you ask for anesthesia or he will start work without it!"

I've made an appointment on Thursday at tooth hurty!

if its £30 for a white composite filling that is not cheaper than here. I got one yesterday for £28 private treatment so no NHS contribution. Also I know if it falls out again any time soon he will replace it and I dont have to pay for return flights..

IMO If it was for something a lot more expensive it might be worth it but not for a filling.

• 3 months later...

I've heard you don't have to go private in the UK any more. Just contact your local pct who will put you in touch with a local NHS dentist who will take you. Then you never have to pay more than £17, £49, or £250 or so depending on what you need

We are both registered at a NHS practice but it would seem everytime we have a check up they find something new and most of the time the treatment "Is not available on the NHS" or it is a Band 3 treatment at £200.00 odd quid.

My other half had the broken filling sorted and 3 molar amalgam fillings replaced with white composites in Turkey for 320.00TL or around £110.00 and then even claimed the 18% VAT back.

We both had checkups including X rays which were completely free even for tourists, the surgery was super clean, you even had to put plastic overshoes on before being allowed in and the equipment was all state of the art.

We will still have to go for NHS checkups however so we are still entitled to emergency treatment but these will only be yearly now instead of 6 monthly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links