Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can anyone recommend a courier that doesnt want each individual wheel wrapped in cardboard and then bubble wrap too!!!

Im trying to get some wheels up from Jim in Surrey but the couriers are way too fussy about wrapping!!

Cheers

Pete.

Can anyone recommend a courier that doesnt want each individual wheel wrapped in cardboard and then bubble wrap too!!!

Im trying to get some wheels up from Jim in Surrey but the couriers are way too fussy about wrapping!!

Cheer

Pete.

http://www.paisleyfreight.com/contact.php

Its paisley freight that want all the cardboard and bubble wrap!!

I would happily drive down my self but can't afford that AND the wheels catch 22 lol

I will try and see if they would compromise with card board and cling film.

Its paisley freight that want all the cardboard and bubble wrap!!

I would happily drive down my self but can't afford that AND the wheels catch 22 lol

I will try and see if they would compromise with card board and cling film.

Hi all I used was a large bin bag and cut up an old cardboard box and wraped it all up they were happy with that Steve.

The problems that occur when you ship anything that can suffer damage through handling are many,First of all the guy that picks up the wheels is not likely to be the one who delivers them ,the wheels could change carriers upto four or five times depending in which part of the UK you live.The company who takes the contract to deliver them will ultimatly be the one you take to task if they are damaged but might not be the one that damaged them.Thats why they insist on the wheels being wrapped.

I bought 5 wheels with tyres from a fellow member from the Scottish borders using a guy on eBay called SV Logistics or something similar. The courier was actually City Link who were not the best but they said they would not collect if the wheels were not in boxes but in the end the seller just bublewrapped them with some stiff cardboard over the face of the wheel and they arrive without any damage whatsoever.

Paisley freight didn't want anything on the wheels and tyres I had delivered by them, apart from a label on each, but that was 2008, so maybe different now.

I recently queried Paisley Freight and they wanted bubble and cardboard wrappped on the wheels. In fact they wanted every thing wrapped or palleted and shrunk wrapped. As its been said on this post its probably insurance. I think they wanted £40 for 17" wheels, £30 for 16". And again its been said here about how many times its handled. A couple of years ago I ordered 3 things from 3 different places and it came the next day on the same van.

Another Courier. www.parcel2go.com and you enter details,size, weight etc and they suggest a list of well known carriers. Apparently about half price to RM.

I always use these and they pick them up from your house which Royal mail wouldnt ever do.

Mike

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I will take them onboard.

I'm hoping I might have something sorted out but will fall back on these recommendations if needed.

Hiya mate

When i grabbed some spare wheels for my old LS400 i used this site

http://www.shiply.com/index6.php

You place an advert and people contact you and tell you how much they will take for picking them up and delivering them, and you can negotiate dates as well.

The wheels i bought came from Bournemouth and they had no packaging at all, and were in good order, delivery guy didn't seem worried about packaging, maybe some will but i can't be sure on that.

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links