Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Cd Player

shafik

• 2 weeks later...

Grab yourself one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-2001-2004-Car-CD-Radio-Fascia-Adaptor-ISO-Wire-Harness-Fitting-Kit-/200813455446?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2ec16a2856 or similar if you have a preferred audio dealer near to you.

One thing that all the vids / work shop tut don't tell you is to give a 12v+ feed to the standard car ariel, coz if you dont the reception with be sh!t.

You will need an bypass amp lead and a facia together around £40 on eBay or Halfords. I can upload a vid of pictures when I have changed mine. More details on the video... But to start off you will need above before u do anything. If you also got a satnav built in then prepare yourself to take your stock unit apart.... ;)

Grab yourself one of these http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ec16a2856 or similar if you have a preferred audio dealer near to you.

One thing that all the vids / work shop tut don't tell you is to give a 12v+ feed to the standard car ariel, coz if you dont the reception with be sh!t.

Don't think there is a current going to the aerial, are you sure?

Grab yourself one of these http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ec16a2856 or similar if you have a preferred audio dealer near to you.

Don't think there is a current going to the aerial, are you sure?

yep theres a power wire to aerial amplifier, black wire moulded to aerial cable with connector on the end, if you dont power this when changing stereo reception of radio is naff.

Ian, this is really interesting. I have changed my CD player and noticed that I do not get any signal. At best I get radio1 in Birmingham, but as soon as I leave the city centre it crackles all the way home to Worcestershire. Previously with my old stock stereo I got acceptable coverage, although it was poor... not half as bad as now.

I will take a look at this now, the black cable that goes directly into the back of my cd player for the aerial, I can't say I noticed any other black wires coming off this. I have an S version w/out amplifier...

edit: will wait for your reply before taking the dash out, it's a ballache.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, am also now interested in replacing the stock HU.

I have the older bottom loader CD player with the Err3 message and am worried that the Grom won't work with this error as I can't get the CD's out - screws have been stripped...

I also have the built in sat nav.

Will I be able to use an aftermarket HU?

If you have the satnav as stnd and you fit an atfer market hu the satnav will stop working, but you can get a box of trick to fit to the satnav to make it work again.

Suxelis, you will have to take ur hu apart and keep the circuit board tucked away in the glove box connected to its original cable. Then you get a bypass amp lead and connect the harness from the amp to the iso on ur aftermarket hu - done!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys merry christmas to everyone here,

saw a great deal on pioneer double din half price at Halfords and tempted to get it but still have the issue if it's compatible with the Is200.

anyone know where can i purchase a proper amp bypass cable [plug n play] minus the extra mod?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I too am considering upgrading to a double din headunit as they're on sale in Halfords. Mines a 2000 model so what will i need?

Is the amp behind the dash? Do i need a amp bypass cable?

What about the antenna, normally you just plug the antenna into the back of the headunit. Will i need a extra cable for this to?

I know most of this has been covered but im hoping for a list of what i need in 1 post.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike you plug areal in to stereo and there is a black wire which must be linked to ignition to power areal amp . The wiring loom is put through to amp left side of glovebox. This is tricky to unplug loom from amp, you then link loom to new amp bypass kit. The autolead bypass kit needs modifying so not on constant and keeps clock illuminated, you have 2 yellow wires joined in to 1 and must disconnect 1. The red wire must be fed to a ignition source such as cigarette port.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links