Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parting With Her After Five Years, Hope She Gets A Good Home!

The old girl is on eBay, not an easy decision but as I'm picking up the replacement on Saturday I'm sure I'll get over it!

I drove all the way to the midlands from Sussex (2 hours on the M25 covering 40 miles!) to look and it seems OK. Here's hoping it's as relaible as the last one!

post-32919-0-40482000-1346952268.jpg

P.S. I live in Brighton so I'll look out for you. And if I see you I'll probably wave (see recent thread)!

I live in Worthing and often go to Brighton to pick up my granddaugher so I'll return the wave!

If you ever need a mechanic, I can recommend mine - Lexus trained, reasonable charges and in Hove. He's done all the work on my car since I've had it, including the dreaded starter motor job.

If you ever need a mechanic, I can recommend mine - Lexus trained, reasonable charges and in Hove. He's done all the work on my car since I've had it, including the dreaded starter motor job.

That's brilliant, thanks for that.

Please remember guys you need to be a gold member to offer items for sale on the forums.

Although the 1st post is technically an advert I have let it go as there are no links direct to the car for sale and I know some members are looking for LS400s at the moment but if links are put up it will then have to be reviewed.

I'm not being petty here, if you had paid your gold membership giving you the privilege of advertising how would you feel if every one else was allowed to do the same without charge, a bit like prebooking your aircraft seats and finding someone else sat in them.

As a moderator I try to be fair to all members so don't beat me up over the matter.

Please remember guys you need to be a gold member to offer items for sale on the forums.

Although the 1st post is technically an advert I have let it go as there are no links direct to the car for sale and I know some members are looking for LS400s at the moment but if links are put up it will then have to be reviewed.

I'm not being petty here, if you had paid your gold membership giving you the privilege of advertising how would you feel if every one else was allowed to do the same without charge, a bit like prebooking your aircraft seats and finding someone else sat in them.

As a moderator I try to be fair to all members so don't beat me up over the matter.

Point taken but I would dispute my post being even close to an advert, and it was never meant to be. It's simply me stating that the old car is going and the new one is coming. It's just news, boring news maybe but that's all it is. Anyway, I picked up the new (er) one today, parted with £2,400 (including the number plate) and drove the 170 miles home. I didn't know the earlier LS could be bettered but I was wrong, absolutley fantastic ride! And as it was 30c in London the ice cold air con was fab.

Glad you're pleased with it. What for you are the obvious improvements over the Mk.2?

The first thing I noticed was how much softer the leather is, the seats also seem to be more comfortable. The cabin in general feels much more modern, in fact it I would say it's equal with any new car. I love the touch screen controls (a friend with his new Mercedes was complaining that he didn't have it) The way the passenger mirror door tilts when reversing, the nicer headlights, CD changer in the glovebox area instead of the boot, dual air con, self dimming mirrors, quieter motor when the steering wheel contracts, better audio system, trip computer. It's also good to have a brake light in the rear window. And thats' only what I've discovered in 24 hours!

Don't get me wrong, I loved the old LS, it was what got me started on the whole Lexus thing. To pay £1,500 for a car that's given you 5 years of luxury motoring is just amazing. I'm sure she'll go on for some years to come as long as she's looked after.

My passenger door mirror doesn't tilt when reversing. Was this an option, or is mine just broken?

I've already had my Lexus for two years and have no plans to change it for anything else. Well, okay, maybe a 430 one day, but for now there's no point. Maybe see you around the Sussex coast!

My passenger door mirror doesn't tilt when reversing. Was this an option, or is mine just broken?

Either side mirror will tilt when reversing. You have to select the one you want on the mirror adjustment switch. If the switch is in the central position neither mirror will tilt.

Either side mirror will tilt when reversing. You have to select the one you want on the mirror adjustment switch. If the switch is in the central position neither mirror will tilt.

I'll be trying that in the morning. I'm sure the manual said passenger side.

I've already had my Lexus for two years and have no plans to change it for anything else. Well, okay, maybe a 430 one day, but for now there's no point. Maybe see you around the Sussex coast!

Maybe next time I'm heading for Brighton I'll pm you, you can maybe help me make sense of the sat nav!

This eve was the first time I've driven it in the dark so the Xenon headlights (which I didn't know it had) are another plus.

Please do. We can swap notes and tips!

The SatNav is an old system but as I'd never had one before I'm used to looking at maps before a journey instead. You can't enter a postcode like on newer systems, just street names, and my address doesn't work - it says I've reached my destination when I'm still on the seafront about half a mile from home. But most other times it's been fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooop I didnt know this! Just joined the Forum! Will upgrade as soon as I can work out how to do that!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links