Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a 2006 IS220d SE-L MM. It currently has 42,000 with FLSH. I will do about 25,000 miles per year and my local Lexus dealer has offered me a service package to cover the next 5 services up to 90,000. This is basically 3 interim and 2 major services. Total cost £1400. Never having used the main dealer for servicing in the past, can anyone tell me if this is good value or a rip off?

I assume parts are not included?

MOT's included I'm figuring.

I have heard figures of £300-450 being quoted for individual servicing. Would be affected by being Interim or Major though.

How are you enjoying the new motor Kenny? Did you have a 220D before?

I have a 2006 IS220d SE-L MM. It currently has 42,000 with FLSH. I will do about 25,000 miles per year and my local Lexus dealer has offered me a service package to cover the next 5 services up to 90,000. This is basically 3 interim and 2 major services. Total cost £1400. Never having used the main dealer for servicing in the past, can anyone tell me if this is good value or a rip off?

Hiya Sterling, I took out a service plan for my 220d and after shopping around I took a plan that gives me 3 services that covers the 50K, 60K and 70K services and includes 3 MOT's and gives 15% discount on any parts needed. The 15% discount also applies to any parts or accessories that i wish to purchase outside of the service schedules.

It is worth asking around because the first quote that I got was more expensive and they only offered 10% off parts/accessories.

The total cost for the package is £840.50 and this includes VAT and it can be spread over 30months without any added interest.

I have heard figures of £300-450 being quoted for individual servicing. Would be affected by being Interim or Major though.

Thats a good point. I had assumed that this covered all service parts. They are including MOT's at half price.

Yes I am enjoying the car. Not had a 220d before, I've had a couple of IS200's and an LS400 before.

Having had a 220D myself I would encourage you to try a couple of things.

Keep an eye on the EGR valve for sooting up. Its quite easy to clean yourself once you have attempted it the first time. There are some good accounts on this forum as to 'How To Do It'

Consider the can of BG244 in a tank full of fuel every 8000 miles or so.

Give a trial to AR 6200 fuel aditive @ 5ml per 50 litres of fuel.

You can gen up on the above two products here

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/news/bg-244-for-diesel/33/

From my own use I found the engine to be much quieter and smoother sounding(not easy for a diesel!) and I found the pick up at lower revs as much improved.

Normski

I cannot believe how dear Lexus are to maintain....compared to any of it's competition....£1400 over 5 years? WOW! My last BMW only cost £435 over 4 years and ran as sweet as a nut!

The dealership didn't have a servicing price for the new GS...

You hear loads of horror anecdote about long life servicing, but in reality the german diesels are no more likely to wear quicker than the Lexus diesels.

I cannot believe how dear Lexus are to maintain....compared to any of it's competition....£1400 over 5 years? WOW! My last BMW only cost £435 over 4 years and ran as sweet as a nut!

The dealership didn't have a servicing price for the new GS...

You hear loads of horror anecdote about long life servicing, but in reality the german diesels are no more likely to wear quicker than the Lexus diesels.

I take it you read the post about how many miles he's doing and how many services/mot's it covers?

I'm looking at the same, doing 20k a year. free mot's, free puncture repairs. The discount works out at about 17% off normal service prices, same discount on parts, all at current prices over the duration of the deal.

I've a 2 year warranty that I want to keep also.

Let us know how you get on.

I did read it....25000 a year = 5 services in 2 years.

BMW Condition Based Servicing on a high miler will mean 2 services over 50,000 miles. Audi have their Long Life schedule too....The more longer journeys you do, the less frequently the car needs servicing.

There is no real evidence from my experiences to suggest it's bad for an engine either - engines haven't changed much, but oil is 10X better than 20 years ago. It's shame Lexus haven't done something about it as bringing ownership costs down can only be a good thing!!

Thats a good point. I had assumed that this covered all service parts. They are including MOT's at half price.

Yes I am enjoying the car. Not had a 220d before, I've had a couple of IS200's and an LS400 before.

MOT can often be got at below half price. I pay £25 for MOT for my car and same for wife's when it needs its first MOT in November. On your mileage it would only include max of 2 MOT's anyway so hardly worth taking into account. I would try haggling a bit.

Hiya Sterling, I took out a service plan for my 220d and after shopping around I took a plan that gives me 3 services that covers the 50K, 60K and 70K services and includes 3 MOT's and gives 15% discount on any parts needed. The 15% discount also applies to any parts or accessories that i wish to purchase outside of the service schedules.

It is worth asking around because the first quote that I got was more expensive and they only offered 10% off parts/accessories.

The total cost for the package is £840.50 and this includes VAT and it can be spread over 30months without any added interest.

UPDATE - Just had the figures for the service plan for my newly acquired IS250. It works out at £801.71 and covers the three services and MOT's along with the discounts mentioned in my earlier post. It also includes free puncture repairs throughout the duration of the plan, forgot to mention this in the earlier post.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links