Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

20k Service

Apologies if this kind of question has been answered before.

My IS200 Sport is due it's 20K service in a couple of weeks.

I Have contacted 3 different Lexus dealers (so far) all that I would realistically be willing to travel to.

So far I have had these prices

£294

£255

£198

I am also still awaiting a price from my nearest dealer.

As you can see the prices vary quite considerably. I was just wondering what the possible reasons for such differences could be? surely the 20k service is the same at every dealer ?

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Paul

Going with Lexus Stockport - £198 all in for a 20K service.

Asked about the price difference, something to do with not having Lexus systems installed yet !?? so they do not have their prices governed by Lexus.

Anyways £15 in fuel (Stockport and back) gives an £85 saving compared with my nearest dealer :)

Lovely girl on reception as well - 5ft 3" size 6 (dont ask !!) :D

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

Ended up getting my car serviced at Lexus Chester. I was booked in there on Thursday to get my gearbox and stereo replaced.

I had already spoken to the service manager about a 20K service previous, and had decided the sum of £290 that he had quoted was not worth considering when Lexus Stockport had quoted me £198.

Dropped the car off Thursday to be told by Mick Mills (Service Manager & all round nice guy) that he would do the 20K service that day and do it for less than Stockport. :D

Picked my car up this morning (busy yesterday) £176 all in :yahoo:

Not that is what I call good customer service. A big pat on the back for Lexus Chester and expecially Mick Mills.

Car feels a dream after the service aswell :D

(so much for a quick update)

Paul

Just a quick one - but are the dealerships are of the same company :question: so why the :tsktsk: do these :tsktsk: charge different prices for a bog standard service :question: It appears to me that these :tsktsk: are only in it for the money and not for the customer service but for how mutch they can screw out of you.

This is my opinion and it goes for the alleged lexus friendly tuning companies (you know who they are) who charge extortionate prices because it is a LEXUS.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links