Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Breaking Into An Is200

My colleague had her 2002 Peugeot 106 broken into over night using an old fashioned method of banging a screwdriver through the lock. So my question is how easy would it be to do this to my 2003 is200? I am worried as I use the same multistory but in the daytime only.

think if anybody wants something then they will get in no matter what. with previous cars I have had locks popped out, glass smashed but since having alarmed & imobalised cars I have not had any issues.

just be cautious, anything that looks tempting to take put out of sight, head units, phones, sat nav etc.

I am always cautious when parking my car, I avoid parking my car on public carparks at night or even after dark as the winter months draw by. Even at my home in the middle of nowhere I always pull the car up the drive, no matter how tempting it is to leave it on the road overnight.

I just struck me that people are still able to pop locks on modernish cars, I had the vision that this was a scene from the 80s, I was very surprised.

the 1st generation is arguably more secure than the new generation of cars with keyless start, since we still have a proper key. If you are really concern then buy a DiskLok and keep it in the boot, whenever you park in a dodgy area then put it on, even as a visual deterrent

Another thing lads that's good to know is if you put the key in the boot lock and turn it to horizontal it will lock the boot disabling the lever beside the drivers seat. The only way to open the boot is with the button on the remote when the lock is turned in that position. A good way of securing any valuables, if the window is broken the boot cannot be opened.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links