Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi everyone, I've been going around in circles a bit today trying to find a repair kit for the regulator on my Prins multipoint LPG system. Apparently, LPG installers don't sell parts to private individuals. I'd like my mechanic to do the work that needs doing but at the moment it seems like the only option is to take the car to an approved installer.

Anyone got any ideas where I can buy a repair kit for the regulator? Apparently it costs around £40 - 50 from Prins (but they won't sell it to me either). Thanks, Jonathan

Hi JP

My car is serviced by a local independant but they will not touch the LPG conversion - particularly the pressurised section - they tell me I have to go to an authorised and accredited installer which I do. Also bear in mind your insurance (mine does) requires that the installation work was carried out by an approved installer. In 6 years my installer has charged me £120 in labour and the cost of a new filter at service time.

http://www.4-techlpg.com/shop/ - these guys sell conversion kits so may provide you with parts. Also there are a lot of bits on eBay.

Good luck

Bren

Ask yourself this, again if you could buy the parts would you be happy to remove the gas valve on your home boiler, strip it down, replace all the seals and O rings then refit it it knowing you had done a proper job, the pilot and main burner pressures are correctly set according to the manufacturer's specifications and there were no leaks present afterwards?

Same applies to LPG leave it to the experts.

Sorry, just to be clear I wasn't going to do this myself! I was trying to help out my mechanic who has been struggling to get the parts needed. I think I might suggest that I take it up to Panache in Manchester and get them to sort it? Unless anyone knows of another LPG approved installer in south Cheshire/north Staffs?

Sorry, just to be clear I wasn't going to do this myself! I was trying to help out my mechanic who has been struggling to get the parts needed. I think I might suggest that I take it up to Panache in Manchester and get them to sort it? Unless anyone knows of another LPG approved installer in south Cheshire/north Staffs?

Sorry cant help you with that one but there has to be an LPG expert nearby you somewhere.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links