Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Look What Ive Just Got! (New Bumper)

BenIS

Hi all

won this on eBay the other day and just got it. It needs a respray as it has a few scuffs and cracks but it looks awesome in my opinion. The listing said it was geniune toyota but im not so sure now. It doesnt say toyota on it anywhere but i cant remember if my other bumper does or not. It is however plastic and not fibreglass which is good. anyway what you think? Not sure ive seen one of these before. Also it does come with fogs but havent received them yet.

Sorry about the poor quality photos, best i can do tonight. will get some more when i trial fit it.20121113171048.jpg20121113172017.jpg20121113173034.jpg20121113173054.jpg

Looking at the number plate fixing area it looks quite narrow for UK sized plates so could well be genuine JDM as their plates are narrower in size.

Unfortunately the smaller front plates are illegal in the UK.

Nice find by the way I think it will look good when on the car.

Are you doing the paint job yourself?

Cheers for the replies. Ill get something sorted with the plate. Im not spraying myself no. Id rather just get it done right first time haha. So if anyone knows of a good bodyshop in the nottingham area please let me know. Needs abit of filling and prep work doing.

Can't remember the year, but up to a certain year, Japanese cars are allowed motorcycle plates and still be legal.

Failing that, I think the number plate holder on the standard IS bumper is designed to fit into the smaller recess and allow figment of a larger plate. Kinda like a conversion adapter. I think, could be wrong - maybe it just sits over it

If not, the other thing you can do is get a motorcycle plate, cut it down to fit behind a regular plate, and glue the two plates together - so the smaller plate fits in the recess with the larger plate sitting on top of it

Not seen one of those before i thought it was the modellista or Qualitat version but the fogs are more towards the outer edge.

DSC_0068.jpg

PS. the standard bumper has the same number plate fitting as that new bumper there is a black number plate holder that fits over it to hold the uk size number plate.

Ok so Ive just put it on the car for the first time and it looks awesome!

Cant wait to get it sprayed. Im assuming the gap between the bumper and the plastic undertray is meant to be like that. I know the standard bumpers dont have a gap but this one is different at the end of the day.

Anyway heres some pics.

20121118132649.jpg

20121118132624.jpg

20121118132601.jpg

20121118134737.jpg

20121118133513.jpg

It's a JDM genuine accessory front cover for the Altzza Gita wagon. Pretty common in these neck of the woods.

5a1e7f03399c7ea519781fecaa1df8c2.jpg

Japanese number plates are much smaller than european plates, even our little NZ plates with only 6 digits on them are about an inch wider. Don't know where the story about motor bike plates comes from but it couldn't be any further from reality.

thum-TO_S007_091110_01.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links