Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Ls430 Is Arriving Next Week!

post-45250-0-83502000-1352927806.jpgpost-45250-0-83502000-1352927806.jpg

I've been reading the Forum for a few weeks now, and I really enjoy hearing from all the Lexus (400 and 430) enthusiasts.

I thought, because you might be interested, that I should join and tell you about my interest in these amazing cars.

The Silver LS430 is one I cherished for 4 years in the UK before emigrating to NZ, and I hated letting it go after 85,000 trouble free miles from new. So, I bought the gold one and its on its way to me from the UK, arriving in port today, and I should be driving this wonderful machine by the 23rd of November! I am exceedingly excited. Its 2005, with ACC/PCS (as you can see) and has 45,000 miles on the clock with FLSH, one owner - perfect!

post-45250-0-07255600-1352927851.jpg

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

That's what I call dedication, having a UK specification LS430 shipped to the other side of the world.

Nice find with low mileage,FLSH and one owner looks stunning.

Mine came almost as far the other way from Japan to the UK.

What's the shipping time from port to port?

Thanks Steve, yes dedication indeed!

it left Felixstowe on 29 September and arrives here 15th November. The containers are dropped off at Singapore and change vessel. It should have been here on 5th November, but missed its connection for some reason. So should be 6 weeks, but this time 7 weeks. (i have shipped two cars before already, not Lexus)

The reason for shipping to NZ is because most of the NZ Lexus LS430's don't have Sat Nav, definitely not ACC/PCS, and are Mk1's. Also, the imports have all had a life in Japan before getting here (very few NZ new) and so the service history is very difficult to see or understand, or absent! Also the prices here with the strong NZ dollar make it just about the same price after all costs and import VAT, called GST here, for a similar car in as good condition and mileage.

Anyway, I'll post some pictures when its here with its NZ plate.

As others have commented, I have had two Jag XJ's, two BMW 7's and a Merc S Class, none match the LS430, in my view.

Hi mate, I'm a kiwi from Masterton living in the UK, I also have a gold ls430, which I am thinking on taking back in a couple of years, can I ask what sort of money it cost for shipping, and are you expecting any WOF work needing to be done to make the LTSA happy?

Kia Ora Andre

Ps:if its worthwhile should start s importing business! Lol

Hi Andre,

It cost $3,400 for Export UK Clearances, Packing LCL in Container, Ocean Freight, Customs Clearance in NZ, MAF fees, Port Service, Container Cartage, Unpacking, and delivery to compliance in Auckland or Christchurch –

On top of that you add GST to Customs 15% of CIF value (Cost of vehicle, Insurance and Freight)

Cleaning of the vehicle if required (allow $200.00 estimate)

Compliance and on road costs (compliance for a Euro vehicle is around 500.00 NZD if it goes straight through / Registration 450.00 NZD for 12 months)

Pickup in UK $600 ( pickup from anywhere and deliver to depot in Barking and Felixstowe)

Marine Insurance – (normally around 350.00 NZD / 500 excess – covering from pickup to delivery)

It sure adds up!

But if you have owned the car for 12 months before exporting then there is no GST to pay, but you have to keep it for two years before selling it, I believe.

Finally you must check that it is type approved to Euro 4 standard, it is normal for all cars manufactured after January 2005 to meet the standard and some manufactured before that date might be. The cars V5 will tell you, or someone will be able to interpret it for you (its not simple). If it doesn't you can't bring it in, unless its over 20 years old!

LTSA is now NZTA, and a WOF is straight forward and no problem.

I hope that helps!

I bought mine for £11,200, and with all costs and conversion to NZD it'll be about $32,000 all up, which includes an intermediate service and some new mats and a fix to the parking sensors.

check this link out and you will see it works out, because my car is so much better than this http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/lexus/ls430/auction-487595811.htm

I hope all that helps!

Nige

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links