Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

i'm looking for an used IS... i need your help.... :blush:

Are there some bad part in IS? What component should i have to look best?

(apart from the same check and drive)....

the ball joints?? ive heard a lot about this since ive joined

Where does the corrosion starts?

Brake calipers? Wheels?

Starts with the paint chips, moves on to the alloy wheels, finishes with the callipers.

If you are getting the car from a Lexus dealer then the wheels should be in excellent condition. If they start to corrode then get them replaced under warranty. If you get ERR3 from the CD player it will be covered under warranty. As for the calipers the best thing to do is paint them.

In the gallery section there are pictures of the wheels and calipers. Also do a search for them. Calipers are cured by painting them - unless you can find a very nice dealer who will replace them (edinburgh seems a good bet!)

Wheels - the dealers will replace these under warrenty.

you can buy the caliper stickers from LOC. If you go GOLD then you get em cheaper too!

Paint them then stick the stickers on - will look wicked.

These was mine - should just be able to see it. Also bubbles up on these spoke edges. There are other piccies which are worse.

here

and here

I've saw :unsure:

for the brake calipers there's not a problem if it's a cosmetic problem... i'll repaint Easily all the calipers (what colour you will suggest for an IS grey? :hehe: )... the problem is for the wheels.

Certainly i can't repaint the rims easily like the calipers....

Is there a metod to "kill" the corrosion....

I mean.... can i prevent the wheels corrosion with anything? How con i take care of my 4 beautifil lexus rims??? :geek:

P.D.

I like very much the "L" on the brake calipers. Compliments to all the lex owners with this stiker on his lex brakes! B)

VERY VERY COOL!!!

The only thing i can speak about is the color choose.... red is good but not very well for a gray IS.... black it's very simple but even very aristocratic.... :D gold it's FANTASTIC.... :winky:

other colors?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links