Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Simple Mods....

JPWilson

HID headlamp kit? Tinted headlamps and tinted rear light cluster? Yellow fog lights as on the 300? Change the puddle lights in the front doors from red to green? De badge the boot? looks cleaner. De badge the front middle grill Lexus badge and just have the sport badge to the right? Square front number plate? Carbon fibre bonnet? I've seen this on a green IS before, looks amazing! Gear knob? I got a great chrome one from fleabay.

In my opinion your IS with the factory fitted kit and wheels looks great and ive never seen black Aero alloys before. change the TRD kit for TTE bumpers??.. I prefer the TTE kit, but I'm biast as thats what I've got lol :)

I've seen some mad 200's on here, have a look at monster matt's, Ormi and Spatkystav's cars. They look great and you can tell a lot of money and hard work has gone into them.

tell me about it chris I think MK1's will be classic cars in the tuning scene. MK2 IS's dont come close in style..those dudes did a good job with thier cars best bits i liked was the dash lite up in the begining , red devilish looking angel lights on the burgandy IS and the flashing LED back lights on the same car. BTW how easy will it be to convert back fogs to light up when brake pedal is depressed and do you recon it will be an MOT fail?

tell me about it chris I think MK1's will be classic cars in the tuning scene. MK2 IS's dont come close in style..those dudes did a good job with thier cars best bits i liked was the dash lite up in the begining , red devilish looking angel lights on the burgandy IS and the flashing led back lights on the same car. BTW how easy will it be to convert back fogs to light up when brake pedal is depressed and do you recon it will be an MOT fail?

I don't know how easy it is but it can be done with a dual filament bulb and some re wiring as I understand it so they work as brake lights and fog lights so not an MOT fail. :)

I also want to do this but haven't looked into yet in any real depth.

tell me about it chris I think MK1's will be classic cars in the tuning scene. MK2 IS's dont come close in style..those dudes did a good job with thier cars best bits i liked was the dash lite up in the begining , red devilish looking angel lights on the burgandy IS and the flashing led back lights on the same car. BTW how easy will it be to convert back fogs to light up when brake pedal is depressed and do you recon it will be an MOT fail?

I don't know how easy it is but it can be done with a dual filament bulb and some re wiring as I understand it so they work as brake lights and fog lights so not an MOT fail. :)

I also want to do this but haven't looked into yet in any real depth.

Thanks for that Chris will do some more research on this.. oh and guys if you havent converted your interior lights to leds do it.. it transforms the car at night did mine yesterday and car looks 2012 next step is to do back number plate ones aswell and maybe LED back lights after that :).

yeh looks awesome at night i find my self unlocking the car like 5 metres away just to admire it..this is what you need.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

you can also go for the 36 LED panel as the IS lighting unit is quiet wide so can accomodate more panel size. delivery took only two days and 5 mins to fit and 1 year warranty.

Thank mate, I can only find those panels in white or blue.. I want green now Lol

Not sure whether to get an LED bulb thats green or opt for one of those panels. What do you think, would just the green bulb be bright enough?

Something like this

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390452575882

heres a few simple ones that shouldnt cost to much (not all to my taste) LED side lights, LED fog lights (DRL?) LED number plate lights, LED interior lights all round, HID conversion, Shark fin areal, chrome handles, aero wiper blades, lip spoiler, clear fog lights, mud guards, caliper paint with decals, clear side indicators, sun strip, window tint, rear view mirror with back up screen/camera and parking sensors, chrome exhuast tip

you can get some ideas from here. no IS in this video looks the same

OMG that video is amazing! ive never seen it before. but i do know the IS in the USA is a very respected car and a high miler in fair condition would cost in the region of 7k. Im moving to California next year and was looking to buy another, I might just ship my right hooker at the prices ppl want! although its worth every penny.

I'm trying to resist doing anything to the car, and the LED lights (interior, exterior) and fog to brake lights type of thing don't really hold any appeal for me personally, one thing I have done, and think is one of the best mods you can do to the IS, is HID headlights. The IS' standard headlights are shocking - like two candles! The full beam is fantastic, and the fogs make a big difference when driving with dipped beam, but the dipped beam on it's own is abysmal. HID's on the other hand make the world of difference, and if like me you spend a fair bit of time driving through country lanes with no street lighting, they are one of the most worthwhile mods you can do. And for the price kits cost now (mine were under £20, although I did spend another tenner on different temp bulbs as mine were too blue, and looked a bit chavvy IMO) it's cheaper than getting standard replacement bulbs! Granted, I also spent a whopping £1.95 on a pair of LED sidelight bulbs, purely because the yellow colour of the standard bulbs didn't gel nicely with the whiter HID bulbs...

I only use the fogs now as when on a motorway or fast A road, when it's not dark enough for headlights, as even with the LED bulbs in the sidelights, they aren't that strong. So the fogs come in useful there.

As I understand it needs to have self levelling - but either suspension and/or headlight. And neither can be tested properly in an MOT environment. So provided the vehicle specification states it has one or both, it's legal. And yes, also needs to have washers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links