Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I will be looking to purchase an LS430 early in the New Year.

Will £5K get me a decent face lift model, or should I look at a lower mileage early model.

I will also be fitting LPG, is there anything that i should be concerned about.

p.s. is there a section on this website that shows photos of members cars, motified etc

Cheers

Karl

(west yorlshire)

For that money you should be able to get a very good early model Ls430 looking at eBay at the moment, dont forget auto trader as a source, thats where i got mine from.

I have (under repair, drink and mobile phones thread) a 53 plate 430, 60k miles, all the bells and whistles i need and more, and it has served me extremely well, no complaints at all.

The newer model you may just get a lower priced one.

As for LPG, it is on my list of things to do when i get the car back, but i think i will be going to Profess Autogas in South Wales.

Will £5K get me a decent face lift model, or should I look at a lower mileage early model.

p.s. is there a section on this website that shows photos of members cars, motified etc

Cheers

Karl

(west yorlshire)

Be very careful about who you chose to install the LPG system.

There are lots of cowboys out there ready to fleece you of your money and leave you with a dangerous and sometimes useless system. Mike

Cheers

Karl

(west yorlshire)

Hi

there is very good chance you will be able to pick a face lift for 5K - These cars come fully loaded - only some will have ACC/PCS

heres a checklist when buying

Check has full service history - and most importantly has had the cambelt changed - it should be done 100k or 10 years whichever is earlier

Check all electrics work expecially keyless entry

Check the aircon works front and rear as compressors fail

Check bonnet and boot struts hold up - the struts are a weak point

Check mirrors fold in and out as sometimes they stick

Check headlamp washers work - they rarely get used - but any problems can be used as a bargaining tool

Check parking sensors front and rear work - they tend to fail

Listen for any suspension clunks when test driving and gearbox changes should not be noticeable

Check the Hi/Lo suspension settings i.e car should rise when high is selected - there have been problems reported due to corroded electric connectors

Make sure you get locking wheel nut key

Make sure you find out the handsfree pairing code whilst there

Check theres no warning lights on (red triangle) on dash followed by message in orange

I got mine - a 04 plate with 112K for 3.5K - FSH

HTH

Cheers

Karl

(west yorlshire)

Hi

there is very good chance you will be able to pick a face lift for 5K - These cars come fully loaded - only some will have ACC/PCS

heres a checklist when buying

Check has full service history - and most importantly has had the cambelt changed - it should be done 100k or 10 years whichever is earlier

Check all electrics work expecially keyless entry

Check the aircon works front and rear as compressors fail

Check bonnet and boot struts hold up - the struts are a weak point

Check mirrors fold in and out as sometimes they stick

Check headlamp washers work - they rarely get used - but any problems can be used as a bargaining tool

Check parking sensors front and rear work - they tend to fail

Listen for any suspension clunks when test driving and gearbox changes should not be noticeable

Check the Hi/Lo suspension settings i.e car should rise when high is selected - there have been problems reported due to corroded electric connectors

Make sure you get locking wheel nut key

Make sure you find out the handsfree pairing code whilst there

Check theres no warning lights on (red triangle) on dash followed by message in orange

I got mine - a 04 plate with 112K for 3.5K - FSH

HTH

& I'm still crying as I didn't phone them quick enough :msn-cry:

A couple of things to add to Mark's great list.

Also make sure you check the transmission and engine dip sticks - look for contamination in the oil etc.

If the car has done a lot of miles check the power steering fluid cooling pipe - it runs in front of the rad and will eventually rot and leak. It is expensive to replace but a hacksaw, a piece of rubber tube and two jubilee clips sort it out.

Drive it and give the brakes a good work out i.e. warm them up- the front disks can get a bit wobbley when warm - the car will stop but will not feel comfortable. I find the 430 eats front disks - don't let that put you off but you need to know. I use EBC disks and green stuff pads - you need to make sure the disks have less than 4 thou run out when fitted ot they will warp.

Good luck these are great cars.

Bren

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links