Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nice Green 400 On Ebay With Dhp

To the best of my knowledge it was introduced on the mark3, I looked at 2 of them in 2007. Only a UK option & was brought about by some bod from lexus uk preferring a stiffer more sporty ride, the wheels were made by momos or Ozz . The supercharger was only available with a flux capacitor & gold badges of course.

My 1997 MK 3 has DHP wheels, however, the sticker inside the lid for the CD changer which gives tyre pressures only refers to 16 inch wheels and I have 17 inch wheels. Is there any other way of knowing mine is DHP or not?

For some reason, the Mk3 did not show the tyre pressures for the 17” DHP wheels! They didn't even put a supplement in the handbook! I am not sure if they sorted this for the Mk4 but I doubt it, as there has been a lot of discussion in the past as to the correct pressures for them! I usually go with 33psi all round – but sometimes 34!

I think it is safe to assume that you have a DHP model. There are a fair few Mk3 going around with the DHP wheels and I am sure the vast majority will be 'proper' DHPs rather than a previous owner getting their hands on a used set of DHP alloys and sticking them on!

The DHP sits slightly lower than the standard model but you would really need to see them side by side to see the difference.

A Lexus dealer should be able to tell you for sure from the chassis number. I can’t recall if it obvious to someone new at the parts department (I don’t think it flashes up with “DHP” on their screen!). If it is not obvious to them then you are best getting the recommended part number for one of the springs (as they are different on the DHP) and take it from there.

All this talk has made me miss using my LS! I tend to give her a wee rest over most the winter months but I think it is time to get her out from the back of the garage and give her a run! I’ve just had my grill badge and wheel caps redone so she will be looking her best – well once I stick the logos back onto the caps!

Oh, re the supercharger – I am firmly to the right!!

For some reason, the Mk3 did not show the tyre pressures for the 17” DHP wheels! They didn't even put a supplement in the handbook! I am not sure if they sorted this for the Mk4 but I doubt it, as there has been a lot of discussion in the past as to the correct pressures for them! I usually go with 33psi all round – but sometimes 34!

I think it is safe to assume that you have a DHP model. There are a fair few Mk3 going around with the DHP wheels and I am sure the vast majority will be 'proper' DHPs rather than a previous owner getting their hands on a used set of DHP alloys and sticking them on!

The DHP sits slightly lower than the standard model but you would really need to see them side by side to see the difference.

A Lexus dealer should be able to tell you for sure from the chassis number. I can’t recall if it obvious to someone new at the parts department (I don’t think it flashes up with “DHP” on their screen!). If it is not obvious to them then you are best getting the recommended part number for one of the springs (as they are different on the DHP) and take it from there.

All this talk has made me miss using my LS! I tend to give her a wee rest over most the winter months but I think it is time to get her out from the back of the garage and give her a run! I’ve just had my grill badge and wheel caps redone so she will be looking her best – well once I stick the logos back onto the caps!

Oh, re the supercharger – I am firmly to the right!!

Going to snow tomorrow so be careful. Mike

Thanks for that Mike. Actually, I just looked out the window and the snow is already here (I'm not too far from Dundee)! I now remember why I keep her at the back of the garage at this time of year!

Stay safe on the roads folks.

Looks like it is going to sell for £1,750 on Ebay which is one hell of a car for the money.

That's if the seller actually parts with it as it was supposed to be for sale elsewhere at £2,850.

You must be psychic Keith, either that or you've seen as many ebay comebacks as me.

It's back on, here's the link to the second episode.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE-LEXUS-LS400-with-DHP-DYNAMIC-HANDLING-PACK-3000-Option-Superb-/300847425246?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Yes Deja vu indeed - looks like the chap was messed around or this that just a tactic used to tease the bids up.

I wonder if he will get what he is after for it, though not sure about the rarity value as i've seen a few DHP spec cars offered for sale recently.

I was really suprised to see one the same as mine as I really did not think I would ever see another Mk4 LS with black leather.

Yes Deja vu indeed - looks like the chap was messed around or this that just a tactic used to tease the bids up.

I wonder if he will get what he is after for it, though not sure about the rarity value as i've seen a few DHP spec cars offered for sale recently.

I was really suprised to see one the same as mine as I really did not think I would ever see another Mk4 LS with black leather.

I think you're right about the lack of rarity.

When I was looking for mine, there were a couple of cars about with the handling package.

Knowing what I know now, with regards to tyre prices and possibly a harsher ride, I'm glad to have ended up with the standard car.

Ive fitted larger wheels with lower profile tyres to a couple of my cars in the past, but with the state of the roads these days, I'm not sure I would again - just too easy to wreck an expensive wheel when these craters have water in them and look like a small puddle.

• 1 month later...

I have been reading this thread and wish to clarify...

The DHP consisted of lowered suspension, larger 17" wheels, Pirelli P Zero 245/50 x 17 low profile tyres and a front grille painted in the same colour as the body.

The engine and transmission were standard.

The DHP was never available on a Mark 3.

The DHP was introduced with the 1997 Mark 4 cars.

I have owned mine since new in 2000 and it was ordered especially with this pack because I liked the wheel design. The car replaced a Mark 3 which, in turn, had replaced a Mark 2.

And that's about it, really.

I have been reading this thread and wish to clarify...

The DHP consisted of lowered suspension, larger 17" wheels, Pirelli P Zero 245/50 x 17 low profile tyres and a front grille painted in the same colour as the body.

The engine and transmission were standard.

The DHP was never available on a Mark 3.

The DHP was introduced with the 1997 Mark 4 cars.

I have owned mine since new in 2000 and it was ordered especially with this pack because I liked the wheel design. The car replaced a Mark 3 which, in turn, had replaced a Mark 2.

And that's about it, really.

Hello Brad, Many thanks for clarifying what you get with the DHP. Always good to get all the facts.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links